Questions from a Puppet n00b.

LegoRick

Hello, all! I have had my eyes on Puppet Wars for a while now, but have only recently purchased some product (which is now being painted by Blue Table Painting). Currently, I have only grabbed one of each of the available boxed sets (starter, multiplayer, and boosters 1, 2, & 3). I think that is probably a good place to start (and stay at for a while). I love the idea of drafting using a pool of puppets vs. having set lists (at least with friendly get-together games). My questions are:

1.) Are there any plans on selling puppets in single figure packs?

2.) Are there any confirmed future releases for Puppet Wars?

3.) I have read a lot of hate for the BF Puppet Wars bag, but am I crazy for falling in love with it? Ordering two would fit my current collection perfectly.

4.) Do any of you like the idea of drafting for a method of Puppet Wars play?

With those questions asked...the only other thing I would like to say is that I am soooo anxious to get my figures and start playing. I love the videos I have watched where players are getting their significant others involved. This seems like a game that is breaking down some tough gaming barriers. Very cool.

You have more than enough to keep you busy with the game for a long time.

1. No single Puppets.

2. Future releases haven't made it to beta testing yet as far as we know, since the usually solicite for volunteers here on the forums (but I believe are in alpha test).

3. The Battle Foam Bag is often complained about because it is too small for all the stuff currently released. Having seen it in person, I would say that it is nicely made but definately to small for anything more then the base game.

4. Drafting puppets is a lot of fun. It is a great way to play the game (for some more variety you can also play the game on terraclips).

I think you will be more than pleased with your purchase, it is an amazing game that shares some similarites with Malifaux but really is it's own game.

Edited by Omenbringer

I'll tackle them in order, unofficially.

1. No.

2. Not confirmed, planned.

3. Nope, if you like it you like it. It's not a bad bag.

4.I LOVE drafting. I prefer it to coming to the table with a toy box set.

If you get two BF bags and pick up Lucius with them, let me know. I'd love to trade or buy one off of you!

Edited by Ciaran

Just to add to what's been said: I doubt there would be polls in this forum for people to vote for which masters to release next if there wasn't another release coming. So, that's pretty promising.

And if you get two puppet wars bags, I would suggest making sure you get two copies of Lucius. I'm sure he will be in demand.

1.) Are there any plans on selling puppets in single figure packs?

I doubt you will see single puppet war models, but I know a few people have been splitting packs and selling spares

2.) Are there any confirmed future releases for Puppet Wars?

There are definitely going to be future releases, I know Eric put up some polls a while back for which Master's people wanted to see in wave 2.

3.) I have read a lot of hate for the BF Puppet Wars bag, but am I crazy for falling in love with it? Ordering two would fit my current collection perfectly.

I have 101 puppets, so I've had to work out my own solution.

4.) Do any of you like the idea of drafting for a method of Puppet Wars play?

We do a lot of partial drafting, draft the first 4 models and randomise the remainder of the toybox. If you Register for the www.puppet-wars.com website and then go into the Fiddly Bitz section it has a liitle application where you can put all your models in and it helps speed up Drafting and can make random boxes too (or a mixture of the two).

Thanks for the responses, everyone. The info about people selling off individual puppets that they might not need/want seems promising, and especially helpful. Also glad to hear about the positive response to drafting. That sounds awesome to me. I was originally just going to get one bag with Lucius/one bag without, but with the response I may have to reconsider.