How many night terrors

tadaka

The most I have taken at one time in a game is two. I never really got a good feel for how they worked together, the local Ramos player killed them off fairly quickly. My thoughts on them is most ressers are not going to want them, they have limited synergy in faction. Outside of the faction I think they fill solid rolls for both Hamlin and Marcus but that is about it.

Why is it always me that has to be "That guy"?

Night Terrors are the #1 Resurrectionist Objective grabbers.

They're Spirits with a 6" Wk and Flight and you can push any number of them together from a (0) action.

You get to pick your crew after your Strategy.

So if you flip for;

Treasure Hunt: Easily able to grab the Treasure and run.

Destroy Evidence: Easily able to spread to the markers quickly.

Escape and Survive: Easily able to perch high and hide.

Plant Evidence: Easily able to safely interact with all terrain.

A line in the Sand: Easily able to arm/disarm all 5 within three turns.

Turf War: Can easily fly to your opponent's side of the board and hide out.

Deliver a Message: (0)Flock Together.

Reconnoiter: Spread and hide.

- - - -

They can fly, move at 6", have Spirit and are not Insignificant.

- - - -

To Tadaka:

I usually take 3 on Average, for all masters but Seamus.

For Seamus I generally just take Belles instead. Higher price, lower Movement but higher utility and durability.

Personal preference, Night Terrors are great for anyone.

Edited by Sandwich

Cool thanks for advice. I was actualy thinking of do i buy 3 packs or 2. I realy like them and not sure if i will use more than 4 or not. I know i will not take more than 3 often but the ability to hit all the line in sand on turn 1 or get treasure back to deployment first turn is a tool i would like to have in my bag o tricks.

Indeed. Night Terrors are the best, pure "Objective Runner" type model the ressers have. I've never ran more than 3, that seems to be their sweet spot. I mean, really, when are you going to need to move a flock more than 21" in a single turn. :/

At that point you need to worry about the enemy camping the objective and Night Terrors sadly fail when they face that.

Cool thanks for advice. I was actualy thinking of do i buy 3 packs or 2. I realy like them and not sure if i will use more than 4 or not. I know i will not take more than 3 often but the ability to hit all the line in sand on turn 1 or get treasure back to deployment first turn is a tool i would like to have in my bag o tricks.

Worth pointing out that the Night terror pack can't get the treasure back, the pushs will make the model drop the treasure counter. (well a group of 6 or more might be able to manage it with lots of counter picking up)

I use 2 in my marcus crew, giveas them up to 18" each turn, or 1 of them 12" plus an interaction.

Adding a third doesn't increase their range, but dose allow it to continue after one has died.

The forth will allow you to get 24" on 3 and 30" on the forth. Or to run in two packs of 2.

I'm contemplatign gettign a second pack of them as they are great, but I can't really see you wanting more than 4.

Thats 12 points of a crew already, and other than their movement and durability, they don't seem to do that much. I struggle to get them to hit and use their triggers.

They can be good to stop shooters by getting into melee, but they'll take for ever to kill them.

They are good for activation control, but the down side is that they always activate individually

Worth pointing out that the Night terror pack can't get the treasure back, the pushs will make the model drop the treasure counter. (well a group of 6 or more might be able to manage it with lots of counter picking up)

I use 2 in my marcus crew, giveas them up to 18" each turn, or 1 of them 12" plus an interaction.

Adding a third doesn't increase their range, but dose allow it to continue after one has died.

The forth will allow you to get 24" on 3 and 30" on the forth. Or to run in two packs of 2.

I'm contemplatign gettign a second pack of them as they are great, but I can't really see you wanting more than 4.

Thats 12 points of a crew already, and other than their movement and durability, they don't seem to do that much. I struggle to get them to hit and use their triggers.

They can be good to stop shooters by getting into melee, but they'll take for ever to kill them.

They are good for activation control, but the down side is that they always activate individually

I wasn't suggesting using (0)Flock Together to move the treasure, just to move them to the treasure.

Bought and used 2... love the little flying buggers... snagged a 3rd and am seriously considering picking up another pack for numbers 4 & 5 to try with marcus for a laugh or for when i really want to go all out speed

McMourning and Seamus both love them and don't really need the corpse tokens... Kirai i've only added them once and it's nice to have some independant speed, and if you can kick in their range-shortening aura without exposing them it can really help Kirai stay safe

Not sure i'd include them with Nicodem as not benefitting from Bolster or Decay is bad... but then i don't have or run Nico so it's a moot point personally

Sorry if this is typed kind of jacked but on phone.

Move the 2 or what ever it takes to get a new one on the treasure counter.

First action pick up

Second action hand to an unused nt

That terror activates walks forward 4

0 action to pull flock

1 action to hand off

Repeat over untill im deployment

Sorry if this is typed kind of jacked but on phone.

Move the 2 or what ever it takes to get a new one on the treasure counter.

First action pick up

Second action hand to an unused nt

That terror activates walks forward 4

0 action to pull flock

1 action to hand off

Repeat over untill im deployment

Needs a lot of NTs and activations, but very nice :)

This would best be done with kirai who could then eat extra NT to summon shikomi to hold off other side.

Thus my point of is it worth having more then 4 for some objectives. Line in sand basiy works same way. Any counter they dont have a 40mm model or bigger on you can snatch in a turn.

Edited by tadaka