UK Malifaux Masters Invitational - OFFICIAL THREAD - January 2012

Neverata

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

There will be new sheets available tonight to put predictions down for the 16 placings. With Ash now out your feelings might differ to who goes where

Your lists are available to look at if you just want to swap my Ash's name for mine! But every point counts...

Will also be a little bit of a guessing game to be done concerning Lists and contents for a little bonus prize :)

See you all in a few hours

What a weekend so far, and what a great community.

Banter, drinks and silly games in the bar on Friday.

4 games of Malifaux (and I won 1 game so my target for the weekend was met) during the day followed by everyone going for a meal together (though I'm not sure that F&B's were ready for us playing Zombie Dice at the tale). The hardcore are off to a pub now!

Still open as to who will be joining mp in the final knockout games.

What a weekend!

Adam (magicpockets) is guaranteed to be in the top 4 tomorrow and is playing Ian (calmdown) on the top table tomorrow morning. Adam is sure to try and deprive him of his much needed TPs!!

Craig (ukrocky) and Mitch (stern), Ant (Stryder) and Aidan (cunningstunt) are battling it out for the remaining spots!! Who will it be

Game 5 is set to be tense!!

I however, have been LAME!!

Watch this space ;)

Wow guys.....what a fantastic tournament. Really enjoyed playing in actual fact! Thanks to all my opponents and all attendees who turned up. It's appreciated and proved to be full of hilarity

Who was victorious? Well here are the top 4, detailed results to be posted tomorrow

1st Adam 'Magicpockets' Naisbitt

2nd Ian 'Calmdown' O'Brien

3rd Craig 'ukrocky' Johnson

4th Ant 'Stryder' Hoult

And I didn't come last ;)

So who will qualify for next year? Get to the tournaments, make a play to be top :D

Cheers again

Must say I have loved playing with the UK's best, placing 8th and stealing up that best painted... Every game played was very challenging which made for an entirely brilliant event.

Thanks again to everyone who attended and Jo for making the weekend awesome! Great 2 nights out, I have missed you guys! I'll have to get a finger out and get to more event this year! :D

T'was a good weekend. Got the 1 win I'd aimed for and held my own in most of the other games with fairly close results. Cards finally beat me in game 5 (so Steve's Collette crew beat me yet again - if only Sonnia...).

Congrats to mp on the win (down to a figure count around the claim jump I believe) and to everyone else, especially those of us without filth lists.

Another well-run tournament Jo!

Great weekend, by far best event I've been to. I'll write a full post tomorrow of matches, highlights, my thinking in game etc, but for now I'll leave you with the quote that led to many a joke over the two days -

Adam N - Not really seen Adam play either, most of his win points are from the 'big fish small pond' early era of Malifaux

Congratulations on the win Adam, well done and well deserved.

Thanks to Jo for organising a thoroughly enjoyable tournament that was played in the real spirit of the game. And for managing to step in and play as well as keep the games on track - masterclass in running a tourney.

Also, thanks to all my opponents for five cracking games.

And I was shocked and delighted to finish 5th.