How many ice pillars?

ZimmeZitron

actually, looking at the spell, and the rules for breakable terrain, I dont see where it says it stays in play either... can someone cross reference magic me up some page numbers?

Actually it's right there, in front of our face.

"These bases are Ice Pillar terrain with the following traits: Ht 5, blocking, breakable (hardness 3), and impassible which last until destroyed."

Actually it's right there, in front of our face.

"These bases are Ice Pillar terrain with the following traits: Ht 5, blocking, breakable (hardness 3), and impassible which last until destroyed."

yeah, i dunno what youre looking at, but im looking at the v2 online cards, and i dont see that line at all

(1) Ice Pillars

(CC: 10t/Rst: - /Rg: 12) Place two 50mm bases in base

contact with one another and at least 1” from any model.

These bases are Ice Pillar terrain with the following traits:

Ht 5, blocking, breakable (hardness 3), and impassible. This

spell may be cast once per Crew, per turn.

Edited by fritz the cat

not got book handy but it will be in the breakable terrain section

ah, so it is, bookended right right in there. Well thats nifty. I still dont see where it says they last until destroyed though.

in my defense to reality. Its 10am. I got off work at 5am after working a 10 hour shift. Im really trying to double check my reading comprehension, but for the life of me I dont see the line saying lasts until destroyed

oi... i was double checkin the errata list.. and it wasnt in there aswell. Mayhaps its some internal ruling on the state of created terrain that implies they stay around...

I think i need an adult :(

Yeah I'm just as confused as you, dude. The wording for Ice Pillars is the same on both the v1 and v2 cards, but entirely different on the alt Raspy card.

It probably slipped under the radar because the model isn't officially out yet, and I got mine way back at Gencon.

As you suspected you are creating a terrain piece it is not an effect so it is work unless noted otherwise like how illusionary forest's wording. Kind of think in line of summoning a model, that model is not an effect it is a model.

Here is your ruling:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23032&highlight=pillars+duration

This is also why it was limited to once per crew, imagine snow storm and Raspy dropping 4 per turn that is up to a 9" wall that could be created. That would be broken since most models struggle to move more than 8" per turn.

It's nice control and it can make her incrediblely effective. Remember she can drop pillars on tokens and markers.

As you suspected you are creating a terrain piece it is not an effect so it is work unless noted otherwise like how illusionary forest's wording. Kind of think in line of summoning a model, that model is not an effect it is a model.

Here is your ruling:

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23032&highlight=pillars+duration

This is also why it was limited to once per crew, imagine snow storm and Raspy dropping 4 per turn that is up to a 9" wall that could be created. That would be broken since most models struggle to move more than 8" per turn.

It's nice control and it can make her incrediblely effective. Remember she can drop pillars on tokens and markers.

yay an adult, thank you sir, this has undoubtedly avoided a number of arguements, likely nasty ones with spilt drinks and knocked over models and general grumpery

You could get 9, actually, if that rule wasn't in place. 3 for Raspy, 2 for Snow Storm, and 4 for totems (assuming you have a totem on both Raspy and SS).