How's the game doing in your area?

Minijunkie

I've only noticed stock slowly trickling into Sydney despite the game being released officially about a month ago? I have yet to see anybody playing it in my corner of things and haven't heard that much hype about it.

What I have seen is a lot of Americans complaining about how overpriced the starter box is (boardgamegeek.com), so perhaps that is the reason why you are seeing reduced prices?

I bought my copy during GENCON and I have to admit, I've largely ignored it. Not entirely because I haven't wanted to give it a go. I just haven't had time so whenever I do have spare time, I spend it board gaming :P (don't have to paint anything). To add to this, I'm more attracted to the miniatures than I am to the game.

It's slow going here; my girlfriend and I are the main promoters.

I think pre-painted plastics would have been the way to go on this ... after completing 5 I realized I just didn't have it in me to paint all of them on top of my Neverborn and a half-dozen other wargames I play.

We are commissioning a friend to complete them. either way, be it the cost of primer and paint or paying someone to paint them, you have a further commitment of time and money to get them on the board.

It will be well worth it, but we're looking at 2-3 weeks away.

Just made available here in the last couple of weeks so it's really too early to tell yet.

I'm fairly certain that once I've got a few people to try it I'll be able to get games in when I want with people I enjoy playing. I'm holding off on the "reveal" until I've got the basics ready to go so Ill get the most mileage out of the wow factor.

To date I've got 2 comitted players and 3-4 people who are interested enough to sit in on a game once I'm ready to go

I've been running demos of PW side-by-side with Malifaux, and I've seen more interest in Malifaux. Current Malifaux players tend to try PW out, but the board game players seem more gun-shy about it because of the price and the prospect of painting mini's. New prospective Wyrd customers seem most interested in Malifaux, probably because I'm running demos at hobby stores and true tabletop is the bigger draw there.

In the next few weeks I plan on doing more private demos with a "non-tabletop" crowd in mind. I played my first couple of games with my wife (youtube vid below, and yes there are many rules errors in it!) who is 100% non-gamer, and she really enjoys the game. In fact, everyone who has demo'd the game with me has really enjoyed it, so I'm looking at veteran gamers who play it as a side-game and non-table gamers playing it as sort of a gateway to the hobby.

[ame]

[/ame]

Here in Germany most sellers change $ to € 1:1 so it's quite pricy to get the game started here (around 116 $ for the starter box).

This might be a reason I only know of three PW players in my area (of which I'm one :)) but I will spread the word for this great game!

I hope the game will spread further and if not, maybe a cheaper starter set could do something - but I think I need to give PW some more time.

I have been running demos since Gencon. Everyone I have introduced to PW has really enjoyed it. I could not however talk anyone into picking up a starter set on the release date or get my LGS owner to stock the game. No one wants to invest $90 in a board game. Everyone I talked to is waiting to see individual puppets on ebay. The key deterrent is the pawns sets. They have all voiced negative opinions about not being able to purchase only the puppets they want.

I have tried explaining that ALL puppets are useful and tried to demonstrate the synergy of playing different factions together but I can't seem to sell anyone on it. Everyone is content playing with my puppets and not getting their own.

I continue to run demos and build interest in my area. It is slow going but I love the game and want to see it succeed.

I'm the only one who has picked it up in my area (a couple of weeks ago). I've run 1 demo so far and am planning more. Cost does seem to be a big deciding factor in others picking it up though. People see the mini's and like them but suffer sticker shock when they look at the box.

I have the basic set, multiplayer, and a pawns. I need to finish 8 puppets and I am fully painted. I love painting the puppets because each one is so different. Everyone who has played loves it and is willing to play anytime I bring it out. Gonna run another demo this month so we will see what happens. Our LGS stocked one of everything.