Complete newbie with a Nightmare Justice question

Minijunkie

Hey folks,

I've barely begun dipping my toes into the info about this game, but I have to give my wife some birthday ideas, STAT!

I bought the Nightmare Justice box set because I really like the models in it. Can I mix and match those with other Ressurectionist models to make a force? For example, I quite like the (....the mortician guy?) and am wondering if I can use him as the Master and mix in guys from the Nightmare Justice set. Any tips? Sorry - I do plan to learn the rules but want to give my wife some model buying ideas asap :)

Best regards

Jarrett

My guess is you are talking about McMourning then yes you can use the models in the Dead Justice set with him as their Resurrectionists counterparts. McMourning is great and you can normally use a Frankie so the box set is not the worse set to add to what you have. I would probably also add some Canines.

If you plan on using the justice set none of them can lead a crew. You can mix them into just about any crew. Mcmorning is a good master and a fairly good one to learn with. Anyone with tge master or henchman type can lead a crew.

I have the justice set myself and use them with all my rezer crews. Finally welcome to the breach.

I agree with Ratty. I don't play McMourning, but I feel that Autopsies are best summoned later unless you know you're facing Guild. Unlike, say, The Hanged, the Autopsy's abilities don't seem to compensate for the lack of a corpse counter should it drop.

Not that keen on the Drowned (at least, not just one) so far, but even though it also drops no counter (IIRC it's a spirit), I think it has potential and I just haven't figured out how to use it right.

Try dropping the second Nurse for 2 Canine Remains as Ratty suggested, and then swap the Autopsy for a Rotten Belle (Nightmare Justice can proxy just fine). The Belles have debuffs and Lure to move people into position for Dr. M to cut 'em to bits, and only cost one more stone.

On a small side note. If some one said that all the marshals are the same model, Autopsis for arguments sake, would you personaly allow it?

You mean that the Nightmare Marshals are all counts-as Autopsies? I don't see why not as long as you make that clear before the game starts and you have a current stat card for an Autopsy (which you will- just saying for counts-as in general).

The autopsies are a bit situational. more of a summon against other guild crews, but they are not great. cb 6 on the pistol could be intresting for nico. but lack of corpse counters really hurt them

their cb with their pistol cant be boosted, its in the models specific rules. Thats what kills autopsies for me, mediocre cb and no way to boost it