Lilith player needs help killing Spirits.

easternheretic

As the title suggests, I'm finding it incredibly difficult killing spirits with my Lilith crew.

The usual games around where I'm from are 30SS. My list usual consists of the following

1 Lilitu

1 Lelu

1 Young Nephelim

3 Terror Tots

I'm aware that if the strategy or schemes do not require it, I won't make it a priority, but there are time where you have no choice in the matter, or thinning the opposition crew helps in achieving the VP.

Any advice on models to take, tactics to use would be much appreciated.

The toughest spirit I've run into to date is Snowstorm. The number of Wds, Dfs and its activation are just a night mare to handle.

Cheers!

Myself and Cunningstunt have played a fair few games with Nephilim vs Spirits :)

The absolute best weapons in your arsenal are:

Black Blood

Poison

Lelu's Drink blood

Lelu's Thoughts Twisted

Flay (does so much damage that even halved it hurts!)

Lilith (same as Flay)

Obviously Lelu fulfils most of those criteria nicely. If you're struggling with spirits, 2 Lelu will see you through nicely.

Never thought of that. And it does sound weird!

Have you done it before reliably?

Looking at Lelu's card and assuming best case scenario to hit with a ton of crows in hand and all weak flips for damage as a baseline:

Zero action in melee range cast Drink Blood, Melee expert and 2 melee strikes with Vampiric Bite with Thirst trigger. That's 7 wounds to a model.

Seriously doubt if the above can pulled off, but I must remember this and give it a try.

Thanks!

Never thought of that. And it does sound weird!

Have you done it before reliably?

Looking at Lelu's card and assuming best case scenario to hit with a ton of crows in hand and all weak flips for damage as a baseline:

Zero action in melee range cast Drink Blood, Melee expert and 2 melee strikes with Vampiric Bite with Thirst trigger. That's 7 wounds to a model.

Seriously doubt if the above can pulled off, but I must remember this and give it a try.

Thanks!

Never make melee strike with Vampiric Bite, as a rule. Use the claws. They're paired, they have poison, and can trigger Flay. They do a minimum of 3 damage to spirits essentially, 4 with moderate or a weak flay, and 5 with a moderate flay.

And that's before you drink blood, black blood or twist thoughts.

2 Lelu's can be squeezed in by dropping the young nephilim.

With the poison on claws but the trigger for thirst on bite makes it a bit of a toss up on when to use which strike. Any thoughts?

I haven't tried other mercenaries with my Lilith crew other then the Desperate Merc for a grow list experiment. Is a 10SS Von Shill worth it? After an initial look at what he brings, he seems to have more bang for buck then even the mature nephilim. Your thoughts on this?

Thanks for the response fellows. This is helping alot.

Cheers!

With the poison on claws but the trigger for thirst on bite makes it a bit of a toss up on when to use which strike. Any thoughts?

I haven't tried other mercenaries with my Lilith crew other then the Desperate Merc for a grow list experiment. Is a 10SS Von Shill worth it? After an initial look at what he brings, he seems to have more bang for buck then even the mature nephilim. Your thoughts on this?

If I were only doing 1 attack I would normally pick the poison attack.

If the model was already poisoned and I had the hand to support a Thirst trigger and casting the bite I would go with that. It also helps heal up lelu.

there are other situations I'd pick the bite and trigger over the claws, but generally the extra 2 wds when it actrivates next are goign to be your best bet.

Von Schill doesn't bring a magic weapon to the party, so won't help with that issue, but he can put out a lot of shooting damage.

Typically mobile melee damage is better than mobile shooting damage as being in melee does not effect the melee but ruins the shooting.

Granted Von Schill canb disengage at will, but he still suffers from trying to shoot someone engaged in melee.

And anything that Von Schill is in range to shoot, the Mature can charge.

Snowstorm is even harder to kill when you shoot him because of his natural cover and bulletproof.

As a direct replacement, I would use the mature for killing things and Von Schill for interacting with things.

Depends on what your mission calls for really.

Other opinions may differ.

So its claws for most occasions and the bite only if I have a spare melee strike, a spare high crow in hand and the model in question is already poisoned.

Looks like I'm heading to my LGS for another Lelu. It's a bit earlier then I had planned. I do have two Lilitu's and was planning to get a second Lelu much later.

I had planned on getting more models for my new Pandora crew first, but I'm bumping Lelu right to the top of the list to help with all the spirit problems I'm having.

Once again, thanks for all the advice!

Cheers.

Looks like I'm heading to my LGS for another Lelu. It's a bit earlier then I had planned. I do have two Lilitu's and was planning to get a second Lelu much later.

Well, on the upside, it will help you build future Neverborn lists. You can follow this handy formula:

Does my list contain a Lelu?

YES: Good.

NO: Add a Lelu.

Does my list contain a Lilitu?

No: Add a Lilitu

Do I have 7 points spare?

YES: Add a Lelu

NO: Free up 7 points and add a Lelu

Am I playing Pandora?

YES: Swap your second Lelu for a Lilitu

NO: Good to go!

That's how competitive tournament players build Neverborn lists. Now you can, too!

Edited by Calmdown

Now that's an interesting idea to look into.

I've never considered mercenaries for my builds beyond the much maligned desperate variety when I was experimenting with a grow list.

The model range is nice as well. On top of that, as a table top war gamer, I have figmentia, and would be collecting a few more masters including Victoria in the future, so getting some of her minions earlier won't be a waste.

Decisions decisions.

Cheers!

Calmdown,

I've started to notice ever since I mananged to get my hands on the Lilitu models (Waited forever for stock from both my LGS and Maelstrom.) that I never play a Lilith game with out at least 1 Lilitu and 1 Lelu. I've even tried 2 Lilitu's with 1 Lelu.

It seems to be an almost no brainer at the moment.

Cheers!

Calmdown,

I've started to notice ever since I mananged to get my hands on the Lilitu models (Waited forever for stock from both my LGS and Maelstrom.) that I never play a Lilith game with out at least 1 Lilitu and 1 Lelu. I've even tried 2 Lilitu's with 1 Lelu.

It seems to be an almost no brainer at the moment.

Cheers!

Every time I make a list for any faction, I say to myself... do these models stack up to Lelu and Lilitu? The answer is universally no :)

In regards to mercs mentioned above - they're all a tad expensive, but your best bet (if you already have 2 Lelu and want even more magic) is Misaki. She's the scariest single model that I ever face when playing Kirai. Outside of Viks, of course.

Well, on the upside, it will help you build future Neverborn lists. You can follow this handy formula:

Does my list contain a Lelu?

NO: Add a Lelu.

Does my list contain a Lilitu?

No: Add a Lilitu

Do I have 7 points spare?

YES: Add a Lelu

NO: Free up 7 points and add a Lelu

Am I playing Pandora?

YES: Swap your second Lelu for a Lilitu

NO: Good to go!

That's how competitive tournament players build Neverborn lists. Now you can, too!

That not tournament playable at all, your just going to mawed to by Austringers.

On the note of spirits best choice Taelor or Misaki

Are you serious?

like... seriously?

Ok, you wont be able use them every time, but against it useless

Cb 7:+fate (from the drill sergeant) one might have another :+fate Lucius have give orders three times, obey from Perdita another from her totem meaning a maximum of nine attacks at 12" ignoring LOS. Other time it's just better to take Tuco and tots or the grow list

I've gone off an ordered a Misaki and an extra Lelu through my LGS to give them a try. Once again, I failed to do much damage to a Snowstorm during a match up. His Df 6 to Lelu Cb 5 is a major stumbling block.

Slightly off topic, Silver Chocobo, how do you handle the dual Austringer, and all the shenanigans that comes with them. I find that they are a good area denial unit, as i hate getting pecked to death from a distance, and most Guild players around here pack one if not 2 for most of the games.

Cheers.

Once again, I failed to do much damage to a Snowstorm during a match up. His Df 6 to Lelu Cb 5 is a major stumbling block.

Really? You have Paired claws, you have the advantage in a huge way. And you hit harder than Snowstorm does by 1 AP and a (0) attack. You should kill him in 2-3 hits without problem with regularity, particularly once you factor in Thoughts Twisted. Sounds like maybe you're not quite getting to grips with whatever is going on around these two fighting or maybe just having bad luck with cards?

Silver Chocobo: The mature nephelim has fast? I must reread my cards. I've stopped using him for a while now as its 10SS cost was on the high side. But if it has fast, that changes everything.

Calmdown: Even with paired claws, I did little damage. I did have a crap control hand and was flipping cards on the low side though. I'll give Lelu whacking Snowstorm a try again, the next time I run into him and see how it goes then.

Cheers!