Collette: have the starter, now what?

Vermin Lord

Well, was going to do Hamelin, but those darn manequins sucked me in, so now I've got her starter (and am starting to realize just how absurdly nasty she can be) and am wondering where to go from here. I know I probably need a box of mek doves, since 2 of her 3 0 actions revolve around them, and probably a coryphee box, but I'm also tempted to just get a couple more performer/mannequin blisters and just debuff the snot out of people, help would be appreciated

ps-I don't have the relevant book, is the coryphee duet a seperate model, or two coryphees joined together?

Hooray for Showgirls!

The mechanical doves are indeed a must have, and you'll probably want a set of coryphee just because they are so great at killing things. Most people seem to buy just one set of coryphee and magnetize them so they can be combined into the duet, but you can buy two sets and make one the lone dancers and one the combined pair.

The coryphee start the game on their own, and then can "dance together" onto a single 50mm base.

My default Colette list at 35 SS is below.

Colette

Cassandra

Duet

Performer + Mannequin

1 or 2 doves

This will work for most strategies, and usual schemes are Bodyguard and Power Ritual (interact with 4 corners). So buy a blister of doves and the Duet, and you have a solid list.

Future expansion if you want to go to 50 SS, will most likely include Johan who cost 5SS with Colette bring a really big stick to the game. After that I'd usually recommend Convicted Gunslinger (7SS with Colette) because he is on the short list for best models in the game. But if you want to staying faction you can try the new Gunsmith(6SS), Effectively 1 SS less and abilities that will always let you cheat. His move is 5 which gives you more mobility to keep up with the showgirls. But after adding Johan to your crew it becomes a matter preference and play style vs known effectiveness.

The Trigger is effectively a 50/50 chance, depending on what you have drawn already. You need to get 3 tomes. 1, you get From casting, 1 you get from the flip/Cheat, and one you need from the use of a SS to add to casting value, but with Colette you get a positive flip, so have 2 cards to get a Tome with for it, so its relatively reliable compared to normally relying on a SS for a suite rather than number:)

But also, yes you (imo) Definately want a coryphee set, they are just funny to watch peoples faces as you use them:) And you get 3 cards in the box, 2 for the coryphee and one for the Duet, separate cards.

The major downside to the Performer & Manequin pairs are models with Immune to Influence because the Performers are almost 100% Wp duels.

And to make you realize even more how nasty she can be, think of Colette with Kaeris.

Now think Immolation Markers. Now think of the Flame Wall. Now think about overlapping both of them, having Colette bury enemy models with Disappearing Act, and placing them during the Start Closing phase inside the overlapping Immolation and Flame markers for a total of 6 Dg before the Flame Wall goes away during the End Closing Phase.

I may have gotten the names of abilities wrong, but look at her stats in Rising Powers and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Oh lord, one word, OUCH!!!!! Must now retreat to my secret volcano lair and cackle maniacally

Just rethought my 35 ss list

Colette

Kaeris

Cassandra

3 x Performer/ Mannequin

Its sad to say but the duet are the main force of the Colette crew, removing them is a little hard. But you alternative is interesting, 3 models that use SS, and I love manikins, I only recently learned how much Cassandra with auto trigger and sword dance are. If only we could by manikins without taking the performer. 3 manakins will give you some very goot turns for cassandra and colette, but I feal the performers wil let you down.

As for Kaeris, I still have note tried her yet.

There are a lot of options for Colette's crew. My suggestion for learning Colette's crew would be to start with her box set and Mechanical Doves, then once you got the strengths and weaknesses of Colette, Cassandra, Performers & Mannequins, and Mechanical Doves down move on to the Coryphée Duet, and other situational models.

When Angelica comes out she should help a lot with pulling the Performers out of Melee so they can cast Siren Call and then use Poison Gift. She will also help against Pandora and Terrifying models, and anything else that makes the Showgirls fall back.

[steampunk Arachnid Swarm]

Lots of attacks & self-healing.

Has a trigger to Paralyze enemy models. They are expensive, but they can give themselves a healing flip and are not too bad in melee.

[Joss & Johan]

M&SU Synergy with a melee punch. Joss can hit hard and Johan's attack is magical and ignores armor.

Have a Mannequin add Masks Colette's casting. Colette can then cast Disappearing Act and bury both models, and with the mask you will trigger getting your Soulstone back for free. When Colette reactivates she can use Illusionist to swap with Cassandra, Coryphée, or another showgirl and bring those two into melee.

[union Miners]

They have an ability to bury themselves, then be placed near any M&SU Member (if you buried all the Union Miners) such as Colette, Ramos, Joss, or Johan.

[soulstone Miners]

They have limited Soulstone use, ignore armor, can attack up to 4 times in an activation, and can move (bury and places a marker) without being attacked. They are useful when you just can't get to some enemies (such as a well-placed Guild Austringer or Nino).