What's with the Stitched love?

pgbsamurai

So I've seen a lot of people saying how great Stitched Together are, and I have to admit that I am just not seeing it. Don't get me wrong, they are decent models. But I find that I tend to drop them in favor of other minions in a lot of my lists, and when I do field them they just don't perform that well for me.

What am I missing? (And lets leave the whole Slaughter, Slow to Die debate out of this. Yes, it give you an edge in that one strat, but that is only one strat and a pretty cheesy reason to take them IMO.)

Range 6 3/4/7 damage output on a wp-wp duel, can go wp 8 around collodi. The turn they die they can cast the spell 4 times as well as 2 great 0's one if you have bad cards one if you don't want to get shot. For 5ss. If they are struck in melee 1 in 4 chance to deal 2 wounds. With the Dreamer they are a great bodyguard, with Collodi they are +2 wp and filled with stone and maybe fast depending on situation. With Z you can obey them for more speed and gamble your life.

With Pandora all of there attacks are wp-wp based so people take extra wounds and you can go after immune to influence guys.

I love the guys but I am trying not to be to dependent on them.

*blink*

Wow, I'm astounded to hear that opinion from you. Not in a snarky or sarcastic way, just utter amazement. When I play against you I hate the stitched almost more than any other model you bring, the twins and Chompy tie.

Their dmg line is amazing for a 5 point model. Add to this the fact that they contain a mechanic which costs your opponent cards and gains you new ones. This is also a double boon because if they cheat to stop Gambler they are tossing a higher card than they would have lost just to it being successful.

It is also exceptionally dangerous to kill them in Melee range, which being a resser I don't have much else of, because more than likely whatever killed them will then face at the very least a double does of Gamble Your Life which can easily kill models twice the cost of the stitched.

If you try to kill them by ranged the Stitched can also toss up a cloud of fog to protect himself and others on the way in.

They work great with just about every Neverborn Master, although they get the best combo out of The Dreamer, Collodi, Zoraida/Collodi, and Pandora.

If you are playing the Dreamer you also get two additional advantages. #1, you completely eliminate their only weakness, their slow speed of 4 by being able to pick them up and drop them off where you choose. #2 every stitched you bring is an almost guaranteed turn per stitched that the Dreamer is immortal.

If it tells you anything I'd be bringing the stitched as mercenaries in a Seamus Crew almost every game if it were allowed, even if I had to pay an extra stone for them, and I'd seriously consider bringing at least one even if he cost an additional 2 SS.

I think the love comes from having the dreamer placing them close enough to an enemy model for them to do 7 points of damage for 1 AP. If you use them when your opponent doesn't have much of a hand left then there is a possibility of them doing massive damage.

Gamble your life has an impressive damage profile. Lose the duel and take the damage yourself? Not a problem, reactivate and do it again.

If I recall correctly, the only other 5 point neverborn model is a sillurid, which will almost always be fielded in twos or threes, and which will typically have much lower (if more consistant) damage output.

The stitched also put out a lot of will power duels (gamble your life and gambler = a potential 3 wp duels per turn each) Pandora loves this.

I see you all beat me to posting.

Edited by micahwc
Ninja

Maybe it is just bad luck or just not having the right cards in my hand, but I have only had Gamble With Your Life pay off once. Every other time I take damage. The main use I tend to get out of them is Gamble to cycle some cards. Also, The Dreamer is the only master I have played them with. Maybe I would feel different taking them with Z or Collodi.

I also play most of my games against Ressurs, so maybe it is just that I get weak damage with them the majority of the time (stupid Hard to Wound) that has colored my perception of them.

Their real killer is Gambler, not Gamble your Life. Gamble your Life is also pretty silly, but card control is what wins games.

Typically you want to activate stitched as late as possible and put yourself in a position where your opponent has no cards and you have some, and then start Gambling Life where you can cheat and your opponent can't. This is obviously helped a lot when you can Inflict Dreams with Dreamer, or add Wp from Collodi, etc. At the point where you're winning all those duels, stuff is dying. And then obviously if you're losing the duels, your Stitched is dying and then doing it all over again.

That's before we get to Fog, its spell nuke, and its interaction with schemes.

They're sick man, sick.