Finding a place to play in the Bay Area

Emune

Hello everyone!

I was looking at the list of players in the California Bay Area and was wondering whether there was a specific place where everyone played? I live around the Oakland area, and although I know there is a place in Concord and Antioch to play, I haven't had much luck finding a stable place around this area. Any suggestions?

I'm in the Bay Area. I generally play at Black Diamond Games in Concord, although due to scheduling issues they have no regular Malifaux event. I play on off weekends there or at my house. If you want a game, PM me and we can talk about meeting up somewhere. Antioch does too, as you mentioned.

Games of Berkeley does a lot of 40k but I've never seen any Malifaux there. End Game (which should be really close for you) used to have an awesome Malifaux community when the game first came out, but it was dwindling a lot around the time Rising Powers was coming out. You could give them a call though, see if it's picked up.

Thanks for the all the help everyone! I'll be sure to check out endgame during the weekdays or concord/antioch on weekends!

At Black Diamond (Concord) I wouldn't just show up, odds are you won't find a game. You have to schedule to meet someone there, really. In Antioch you may have better luck, they had a good number of players there for a while. But they can be fickle. Just call first. Good luck!

Gamescape in San Rafael has a Sunday Skirmish thing going on. For the smaller Skirmish war games.

I know at least one of the guys that works there plays Malifaux. And I keep meaning to go myself.

Gamescape in San Francisco sells a lot of Malifaux mini's and has a really nice stock. I don't recall offhand the day they have scheduled for games of it though. Call and ask, or just swing by. The best comic shop in SF is also two doors down from them, so always worth stopping by to get you nerdery on.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone! A friend and I have been going to End Game where it seems that a few people who once played want to get back into the game, and Ronin Games in Castro Valley, where everyone who watches us are seeing the game for the first time. I really do want to check out the San Rapheal and SF stores, but it's a bit far (and toll is needed). I've called Games of Berkeley, and it seems they don't have anyone playing Malifaux, which is a bummer.

Thanks for all of the advice everyone! A friend and I have been going to End Game where it seems that a few people who once played want to get back into the game, and Ronin Games in Castro Valley, where everyone who watches us are seeing the game for the first time. I really do want to check out the San Rapheal and SF stores, but it's a bit far (and toll is needed). I've called Games of Berkeley, and it seems they don't have anyone playing Malifaux, which is a bummer.

When do you go to End Game? Do you have a specific night?

I try to stay mobile for Southern California because everything here is sooo spread out. That said, I have yet to venture that far down to try and get some Malifaux going. If you are near OC or Riverside at any time though- I can help you find games/groups to game with.

Let me know if you ever venture up this way and I can arrange to meet up with you- or the next time I'm in San Diego I can try to contact you.

I am not there just yet. I am about to go to camp pendleton for 5 months then 2 years in san diego. Been trying to find some malifaux action there but no luck

Stationed out there? It's a GREAT area for gaming. It's been a few years since I left the area, it can't have gotten bad though.