Fighting like children-help?

GummyGator

So I love the idea of characters like candy, baby kade, the dreamer, teddy, etc. that either look innocent but are very deadly or are a corrupted version of something innocent. I would love to make a list based on using as many of these sort of models as possible but I don't want it to be completely unplayable. Is this a possibility? I don't care if it's not tournament quality (I'm thinking of a "fluff list" as my 40k buddies would call it) but I don't want something that's guaranteed to lose. Any ideas?

Probably. I REALLY like the fluff for the dreamer and I've already picked him up. My misgiving is that from what I've read he seems to only work really well with a lot of nightmares to help him out. So teddy is great but I don't know how well candy and kade will work out. And Candy and Kade ARE two models that I refuse not to use. Plus I'm not sure if there's anything besides the four models I've already mentioned that would fit into the theme as I haven't read through everything just yet.

I have used Baby Kade with the Dreamer before, vs Leveticus. Kade and the Dreamer/LCB were the only models that didn't die. We were playing Shared Deliver a Message and there was no stopping the Dreamer. Bringing Teddy and Kade with the Dreamer actually has potential. The Dreamer and Kade can put Teddy wherever he needs to be while Teddy stays out of danger, or Kade can use Teddy to get out of danger.

Candy I haven't tried yet.

Well, I started my Malifaux collection with the exact same goal, ie using Kade, Candy, Teddy and everything else that fits the theme. I don´t know much about the background stories, but my personel "theme" includes the following models:

theme: "Come on grandma, let´s play"

Zoraida - she´s the grandma

Candy and Kade - the little childs who want to have some fun

Teddy, stitched together, wicked dolls, Vodoo Doll - well, these are the child´s dolls, ie their toys to play with

IMO it looks really nice on the table having some childs accompanied by their "grandma" and playing with their toys - some nightmarish dolls.

ZK

Edited by Zwergenkrieger

I once had the same idea;

The Babysitter

Pandora and Zoraida are out for a night on the town, leaving poor Lilith to look after the kids for the night...

Lilith

Candy 8

Kade 6

Malifaux Child 3

Terror Tot 3

Terror Tot 3

(23SS)

This was back with book 1, during my Neverborn buying rampage (after all, Zoraida works well with almost any minion ;) ) and after realising I'd probably not use Lilith otherwise (her selection of Nephilim was pretty bland pre-Rising Powers).

With Twisting Fates out, we'e got quite a good selection of minions to suit the theme for a Neverborn crew;

The Kids

Dreamer/LCB -

Baby Kade 6

Candy 8

Iggy 6

Terror Tots 3

Malifaux Child 3

The Toys

Stitched Together 5

Wicked Doll 3

Teddy 9

Other

Weaver Widow (Maternal-type, plus makes toys for the children!)

Collodi (Entertainer, plus the marionettes are technically children anyway)

Effigies (maybe too 'adult' to be considered toys?)

Ideally, I'd like to do a list like;

(Master?)

Candy 8

Kade 6

Iggy 6

Terror Tot 3

Terror Tot 3

Terror Tot 3

Malifaux Child 3

(32SS)

I'd much prefer to go with the kids than the toys if I'm able, although the effectiveness of the crew is another matter.

As for the choice of Master, I think I'd stick with Lilith - Transposition lets her protect the kids and while Zoraida is probably the better choice, I want an excuse to use the Malifaux Child. He's possibly the worst minion in the game but damnit, this'd be my only chance to use him! :smugpuppet1

As an aside, another possible Master would be Hamelin. Aside from Iggy, he could also hire a crew full of the above kids, and throw in a few stolen/crooligans too.