Sprits... Need Help

mindwarpusa

Question

10 answers to this question

Spirits can still move through terrain. The term 'over' in the rules indicates 'over' the terrain base (all terrain has bases now, remember?), rather than them 'hopping over the wall'. There is no movement penalty for them moving over (through in your reading) wallls, etc.

Spirits can stop their movement 'on' impassible terrain (i.e. they can hover over the pit of nasty broken glass unlike other models. Spirits cannot, however, end their movement so they are sitting 'within' something with the impassible trait. They cannot hide themselves in hills, etc. If a Spirit for some reason ends an action inside Impassible Terrain (inside a rock) it returns to where it first entered it.we could also possibly add

If a spirit moves out of LoS by going through a wall, the disengaging strike is made when it moves out of sight.

Models can move through Spirits, and Spirits can move through Models. However they can't end their moves with the bases overlapping.

Spirits cannot, however, end their movement so they are sitting 'within' something with the impassible trait. They cannot hide themselves in hills, etc. If a Spirit for some reason ends an action inside Impassible Terrain (inside a rock) it returns to where it first entered it.

Related question: can a Spirit model end it's movement "inside" a wall, if the model isn't completely obscured. I.e. you can still see the model, but part of it is inside the wall.

Based on the above answer, I would guess "no," but I want to make sure. This question came up the last time I played, hence why I jumped on it in this thread. ;)

Related question: can a Spirit model end it's movement "inside" a wall, if the model isn't completely obscured. I.e. you can still see the model, but part of it is inside the wall.

Based on the above answer, I would guess "no," but I want to make sure. This question came up the last time I played, hence why I jumped on it in this thread. ;)

Nope you can't end up partly in a wall.

Ok so a model with the spirit trait can walk thru the walls of a completely enclosed structure (wasn't this the problem with the original form of Lilith that neccesitated the errata?), can it draw LOS thru said walls for abilities and charges?

BTW I think this definately elevates Kirai's crew power level in several of the strategies and schemes (treasure hunt, reconoiter, destroy the evidence, plant evidence, stake a claim being very notable examples). This is 3 out of 5 of the core encounter strategies and 4 out of 13 of the expanded encounter strategies.

Edited by Omenbringer
correction of terms