what counts as magical attacks?

Biadetic

Question

5 answers to this question

Shatter won't as it doesn't come from a spell, just a normal ability.

Any spell that does direct damage counts as a magical attack (IE has a stat line like 3/5/7 or causes an amount Dg.. like 4Dg). Spells that bolster a weapon don't make that weapon magical. So a spell that gives your bullets +2Dg doesn't make your bullets magical.

Attacks from weapons with the Magical Weapon Trait.

Everything else is normal damage.

Sorry, don't mean to raise an old thread, but I had a question on a similar issue.

Do ranged Abilities count as ranged Spells insofar as they cannot be used while a model is engaged?

I'm new to playing and I had a game against a Dreamer crew. A Stitched Together was Engaged in Melee but still using it's ranged Abilities on models other than the one it was Engaged with.

So, do Abilities ignore the Engaged rule that applies to ranged attacks and spells?

Sorry, don't mean to raise an old thread, but I had a question on a similar issue.

Do ranged Abilities count as ranged Spells insofar as they cannot be used while a model is engaged?

I'm new to playing and I had a game against a Dreamer crew. A Stitched Together was Engaged in Melee but still using it's ranged Abilities on models other than the one it was Engaged with.

So, do Abilities ignore the Engaged rule that applies to ranged attacks and spells?

only spells and strikes with the :ranged counts as ranged

others not, so gambler and gamble your life can be done when the stiched is in melee

edit: ninja'd by adran :D