Need help with this combo! (nekima convict gunslinger)

notmikehill

So I had thought of a combo recently that's a little more difficult to pull off than most but here it is:

It requires Nekima, Black Blood Shaman, desperate mercenary and a convict gunslinger mostly used in a lilith list.

Lilith activates and kills the desperate merc, gets the blood counter, black blood shaman uses blood sense to get a counter while within range. Lilith brood mothers the black blood shaman.

Shaman activates, picks up the corpse counter and uses inject blood on the convict gunslinger, turning her into a nephilim.

Nekima activates and gives the auto mask to combat totals

Convict activates and can attack with an auto trigger on trigger happy and can gain regen 1 as well as black blood shaman bonus spells as well. Thoughts?

If I named any spells wrong forgive me because I'm not near my cards

to bad that you miss the opportunity for the healing flip from the desp merc

What am I missing that you can't? He was still killed so it should go off. Granted, do it turn one and you might not have as much reason to make use of it. But if you hold off to turn two, you can have the Shaman take damage and get a blood token to start with, giving you someone to use the healing flip on.

I'm new and just wanting to see if I'm missing anything here. (Also getting Lilith so curious to see interesting combos with her)

What am I missing that you can't? He was still killed so it should go off. Granted, do it turn one and you might not have as much reason to make use of it. But if you hold off to turn two, you can have the Shaman take damage and get a blood token to start with, giving you someone to use the healing flip on.

I'm new and just wanting to see if I'm missing anything here. (Also getting Lilith so curious to see interesting combos with her)

Sacrificed is not the same as killed, so generates no healing flip.

Actually killing your own model with attacks is alot different than sacrificing said model, so yes the healing flip dose happen. The best way I see to structure this synergy would be to activate the bbs take 4 wounds to gain a blood counter turn convict into nephelim (if you have a high mask you can heal the bbs 2wds before dealing with the convict) then activate lilith after your opponent goes use companion on totem if applicable then brood mother on nekima(maybe move lilith up abit at this point) have nekima kill the desperate merc giving a blood token to nakima and a corpse counter to the bbs (which he can turn to a blood counter next turn our whenever with a high mask or an extra mask to ca instead of cb with nekima)and then healing flip on the bbs. Then give masks to cb(can also give the convict flight at this point as well) and move nekima up Then move your convict up and blast away. sorry for any misspellings our grabber paying thid from my phone.

Also the bbs would regenerate 1 wd when nekima activates leaving the bbs at 5wds before the healing flip or 7wds if you managed 6 of masks or better on the infect blood I believe, dont have the card on me, but you might trigger with double mask on the spell making the convict nephelim, if so and you got all of the triggers at the end of this synergy you would have a convict with flight, nephelim, black blood, still left to activate, and auto trigger. Nekima with full health and 1 blood token, bbs with full health and 1 blood and 1 corpse if the convict spell had no trigger but got all other triggers the bbs would be full health and 1 corpse counter thats enough counters on the board to grow tot to a mature on the next turn thats pretty good synergy for just under 30 points then the bbs can hitch a ride on the mature to get up the board to do the whole thing again on turn three after the convict wares off at start of closing phase turn 2.

Lilith

Nekima 13ss

Convict 7??? Maybe not sure

Bbs 6ss

Terror Tot 3ss

29ss with 5ss pool

Add on 2 more tots for a 35ss game

Again sorry for misspelling or grammar

The reason why the Healing Flip is missed, is because you need that Healing Flip on the Shaman or Nekima after they did Blood Offering to get a Blood Counter. The reason why you want to kill the Merc with Lilith is that then you get 2 Blood Counters (one from Blood Sense on Shaman or Nekima and one from Drain Blood on Lilith).

If you use Nekima to kill the Merc, there's only one Blood Counter out of it, but then you can heal the wounds after Blood Offering. (so it's 1 BC on Lilith and 2 on Nekima or Shaman vs. only 2 counters on Nekima or Shaman and a heal).

If the first thing you do is killing the Merc, then you do the flip, but you've got nothing to heal yet.

The two weak points of the combo come in activation order. It's already been pointed out you can't Brood Mother the Shaman if you make a Blood Counter with Lilith. If you need that Counter, opponent can move something at that point (admittedly, he has no reason to suspect the "Gunslinger Bulletstorm" at that point).

Then you activate the Shaman, give Nephilim to the Gunslinger and now your opponent knows what is coming (if he's smart).

He activates and moves or hides a threatened model away.

Then you activate Nekima to pulse the Nephilim Heart and whatever she does (she can also make Gunslinger flying now, right?) and even not-so-smart opponent knows what's coming now.

The opponent can move or hide a threatened model away again.

At this point you activate Gunslinger and you find yourself with limited list of targets or no targets at all.

But the combo is pretty good if you have Nekima and the Shaman close to Gunslinger mid-game (opponents may have too many targets in range to evacuate all of them).

Back when Book 2 appeared I suggested similar combo on Hooded Rider. This actually didn't require Nephilim Heart, merely Grow Spurts, but you still have to turn the Hooded Rider into Nephilim first.

For a Hooded Rider flying is a pretty big bonus, as long as there are targets hiding within 12". If they are in severe terrain or behind low walls, he can reach them even if movement penalty wouldn't normally let him. If they are out of LoS, he can use Mounted Combat to move and strike them, even though normally he wouldn't have enough push distance to reach them.

If your Hooded Rider's Passage of Time is at Noon, you'll get +1Dg from that extra :masks though, so it makes sense to give him Nephilim Heart too.

Edited by Q'iq'el

Dont forget the shamen can use corpse counters for blood tokens on 2 spells both of which are useful to this combo, healing and turning convict into nephilim, so, doing it my way you end up with the same amount of counters and potentially 1 more and you still get to use brood mother and still get the healing flip from the desperate merc

With Hooded Rider holding it till turn 2 or 3 is no problem whatsoever - both Nekima and Shaman want to be with the rest of Nephilim and the Rider will be there as well. The only problem you have to solve is the Shaman mobility (which a Mature Nephilim can help with).

However with the Gunslinger there appears the problem of cross purposes - your entire team wants to sprint and fly forward, you need Nekima and preferably the shaman on the frontlines, but the Gunslinger may not be able to keep up... and even if it keeps up, it is better off shooting from behind the lines...