Focus Strikes

ProdigalPunk

How many people use Focused Strikes? I think most of the time the thought rarely crosses my mind. I was playing Korps vs Lady J box yesterday, and in hindsight I realized with H2W Deathmarshals I probably should have focused striked. I think one 3 point hit would have been mathematically better then two 1 point hits (obviously 2 less then 3, but I could have done more in theory). What are other peoples thoughts?

Does playing the odds seem less fun then rolling the dice?

If I have a card that I can cheat for a near guaranteed hit, and I am getting a :-fate, I will generally focus to get to Neutral, so that I may cheat.

Otherwise, I will take a two shots and flipping a high card and not having to cheat rather then 1. Though even that depends. If I think I only need one hit to kill or cripple the target, I will sometimes Focus just to make sure.

I almost always focus my Seamus Flintlock strikes. Severe damage on that thing is better than weak + weak from a Live for Pain, so if I don't have to heal myself focusing usually ensures more damage.

True, but if you have the card to cheat to make sure it hits all that focusing does is double the chance of flipping a black joker.

If your holding the Black Joker or have already seen it this turn then it's not the worse use of 1AP.

True, but if you have the card to cheat to make sure it hits all that focusing does is double the chance of flipping a black joker.

If your holding the Black Joker or have already seen it this turn then it's not the worse use of 1AP.

True, however I'm a but biased in that I rarely fire the gun unless I have a Red Joker on hand to cheat in, in which case I'm going to do everything in my power to get a straight flip to get a chance at putting a 14 damage hole in my target.

But in other cases, if getting moderate damage will do more than 2 weak damage flips will (like a Korp pistol) than focusing seems like a good idea to me.