The Show Must Go On and Other Cliches

jeffb007

Hi Folks,

Been a little bit quiet posting my painting but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. I've been working on the Ortegas who will get their own thread when they are done, but also the Showgirls for Mrs Jeffb007.

So here is the story so far. The idea is that the other showgirl and mannequin will have purple dressers to tie the crew in with Collette and Cassandra.

And yes, I did remove Collette's hat and put a rabbit in it. This was a special request. Well the hatectomy was anyway, the rabbit was a bonus.

5826938_095bfe9a56_m.jpeg

Larger image here

Love the colours! Any chance we can have some bigger pics? Looking for inspiration fr my girlfriend's crew atm ^^

I haven't got any individual pics at the moment, but the original size is pretty large. I'll see what happens if I insert it......

Yeah ok the preview on that wasn't pretty. I'll link to it instead! http://data7.blog.de/media/938/5826938_095bfe9a56_o.jpeg

In regards to your mannequin question...

I agree she could use a little something to make her colors pop; as of right now she's almost completely blue and her skin kind of mingles with that too. Purple around the middle ribbon and maybe on the really tiny bows (I've been trying to pick those out with a separate color) would be a small change but I think it would have the effect you're looking for. You could also try to keep her shoe laces blue and give her black boots for a more dramatic affect against the dress...

Just suggestions though, otherwise I think they look marvelous.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I've now finished the basic Show Girls set, got the mechanical doves primed and ready to go so will be starting those tonight. After umming and erring about adding a different colour to the show girls/mannequins I decided to wait until I'd finished the purple ones.

My aim as always been a cohesive group, like they were in an actual show, and once they were all together I decided to keep them all the same colour, but pair them with the alternative mannequin. Pic is below, and as usual any comments and criticism is welcome. Hopefully you'll agree that the colours worked out ok as a group, but if you don't I can take it on the chin and I don't mind hearing it! :approve: (smiley looks like it is ready to take it on the chin!)

5864360_adf7cf6e5b_m.jpeg

Large image here http://data7.blog.de/media/360/5864360_adf7cf6e5b_o.jpeg

Edited by jeffb007
Didn't insert pic d'oh