Blessed of December: The Death of Cerberus?

Koali

To all, who have the Book 3 to look at... :)

As i read the Blessed of December i thought... OK... she can doo+ everything the Cerberus did so far in a Decemberlist....

And i think she can do it better...

Even with Marcus the cerberus will have a hard time, when you can get the blessed instead...

Any meanings about that?

Hum I had not thought of this question till you brought it up but both with leap. Both with a ton of attacks. I think the big difference is the damage output which I believe that the tiger still has it at 3/3/5 over 2/2/4 but ice gamin change that because of frozen heart.

I look at the 2 and I see.

Tiger - Slightly Faster charge 9 instead of 8. More attacks 4 instead of 3 higher damage output without triggers.

Blessed - Much harder to kill, can heal itself, Terrifying, 5/5/8 potential with a crow trigger. Downfall of Unique.

December list I will most likely take Blessed which makes me sad because i love my tigers.

With Marcus I will have to bring her if I want her and her damage output does go down. Myranda can't shape change into her. Tiger will still come most likely.

This is making me sad because I am seeing the Blessed as just better at the moment because of everything it can do. Though Devour and Smell fear is nice. I will run both with Marcus but Raspy found a new friend I think.

I used to always use a Sabertooth Cerberus with Rasputina. I liked the mobility it added to an otherwise slow Crew. SnowStorm has given a lot more mobility options to the Cult of December, but it is too expensive for lower Soulstone games.

As soon as the Blessed of December becomes available I will be using her instead of the Cerebus. The problem with the Cerebus was that he was always a bit of a glass hammer. I am willing to sacrifice an inch of Charge for greater durability. Besides, I like that the Blessed has Frozen Heart (so she can be used with Ice Mirror) and fits better thematically with the Cult of December.

Just my two cents. :)

Besides, I like that the Blessed has Frozen Heart (so she can be used with Ice Mirror) and fits better thematically with the Cult of December.

Just my two cents. :)

You could always use December's Touch to armor the kitty up and give him Frozen Heart. And I can't see the Blessed spending that much time within 6" of Rasputina to be useful for Ice Mirror(that being said there are the Silent One's too)

You could always use December's Touch to armor the kitty up and give him Frozen Heart. And I can't see the Blessed spending that much time within 6" of Rasputina to be useful for Ice Mirror(that being said there are the Silent One's too)

Good point and something I often do with the Cerberus. I guess that I like that I don't have to activate Rasputina first and spend one of her APs to give the Blessed Frozen Heart and make her more durable. I try as much as possible to use Ice Mirror through the Silent Ones, but I like as many options as I can get for Ice Mirror in the event the Silent Ones die or are not placed right for who I want to target. Also, Frozen Heart comes in handy with SnowStorm's December Command spell. I don't always want to activate Rasputina first to give my models Frozen Heart or she might not even be in the right area of the board to do so. Again, I think you make a good point, but I still prefer the Blessed.

My Book 3 is most likely sitting in my mailbox waiting for me at this very moment... So I'm working off of what I've seen commented here rather than actual stats.

But I like what I'm reading :)

For me, I tend to use the Cerberus as a deep striker, assassin, and mobile objective grabber. I don't see the lack of Frozen Heart as a big deal for him, because there are plenty of (slower) options for bouncing spells. Honestly, with the way I use the Cerberus if he's in position to bounce a spell I've screwed up badly. He should be lurking out of sight until a LeapCharge puts him in place to start eating someone's face.

I've never been all that convinced that there's a big difference in something having Frozen Heart for bouncing spells anyway. Since Raspy gives it to everyone within 4", a model having it by default is only a +2" difference. That's not nothing, but I don't look at it as a compelling reason for taking one model over another.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Blessing, but for me it will be about whether it can fill the role I expect from the Cerberus - fast assassin and roamer.

No you can´t since the Lawyer is another Special Force as the RN...

:)

But that spell is a nice one for Myranda, too... :)

Hmm... lots of options ... :)

By the way.. many people here say BoD is a weaker leaper... i don´t think so...

OK.. sche is 1" slower... BUT... she has a better CA. So leap would be a lot easyer... :)

I proxyed a BoD (not something I usually do) a few days ago with marcus and I have to say I wasnt disappointed. Leap becomes a bit easier with her ca and I think the fact I loved best is that she is a grave robber, combine this with a spawn mother and some sliruids in marcus' case and you have an effective anti resser group. In tinas case the speed even minus an inch on the leap is invaluable. I love my kitty but I hate to say when BoD comes out the cerberus will be even more situational than he already is. My opinion of course.

I proxyed a BoD (not something I usually do) a few days ago with marcus and I have to say I wasnt disappointed. Leap becomes a bit easier with her ca and I think the fact I loved best is that she is a grave robber, combine this with a spawn mother and some sliruids in marcus' case and you have an effective anti resser group. In tinas case the speed even minus an inch on the leap is invaluable. I love my kitty but I hate to say when BoD comes out the cerberus will be even more situational than he already is. My opinion of course.

I had the same thoughts to be honest and it makes me sad that the Kitty might hit the shelves for a bit as I have 2 of them. I think both are good I just think that BoD might just be a little bit better because of the triggers and hard to wound. I think your opinion is similar to most.

Sabertooth was dead long before Blessed appeared :P

But giving Stalker to a 40mm based, Ht 3 model is pretty lame. And its low wounds total is a big issue for it. Healing doesnt help if you're not alive to use it.

Not impressed with Blessed myself. We have much better stuff to take in its place, but its a shame, cos I love December stuff (despite the fact that it is almost universally terrible...)

Sabertooth was dead long before Blessed appeared :P

But giving Stalker to a 40mm based, Ht 3 model is pretty lame. And its low wounds total is a big issue for it. Healing doesnt help if you're not alive to use it.

Not impressed with Blessed myself. We have much better stuff to take in its place, but its a shame, cos I love December stuff (despite the fact that it is almost universally terrible...)

While I do agree somewhat with the ht 3 stalker thing you're still comparing the 40mm base to a 50mm for the cerberus.

Right off the bat I don't think I can name another model with stalker and leap other than these two very useful for positioning and sneaking in a little extra threat range. Am I missing some models there with my limited experience?