Was Molly designed with Avatar Seamus in mind?

Sandwich

I disagree that Molly in a Seamus crew is crap, what she provides is exactly what you say a "bad" Seamus however the way I play it is that this then gives Seamus the freedom to go off and achieve objectives/beat face/terrify the opponents crew etc without being tied down to his crew. Also a fast model with a walk of 7 is a little scary whoever you play with.

Well I'm not going to take Molly from you.

She is a 9 point model and acts and feels that way.

Especially now with Crooligans, who I hear are the bees knees when it comes objectives.

Some people like her, I personally do not.

Well I did not.

But with ASeamus, Dead Doxy and Crooligans, she's going to be an autoinclude in 35SS + games.

In 25 SS I'm not taking ASeamus so I won't need Molly.

- - -

I'm so stoked to pop A.Seamus with an 8" Wk in the middle of someone's crew.

Someone who is gonna have a real bad day.

And I think I'll take the Librarian for heelz.

I also like taking Molly with Seamus, with or without Avatar. Although I will say that his Avatar is almost Auto include for Seamus in my opinion. I have had great success with his Avatar in all the games I've used him in, although I will say, get used to the fact that he is much more fragile than the standard Seamus. I've had Avatar Seamus killed every game but 1 that he has come to play in. However, it is another reason I like Molly. If you are decided on taking the predictable Bodyguard scheme, she makes a great target for it instead of Seamus.

I also like taking Molly with Seamus, with or without Avatar. Although I will say that his Avatar is almost Auto include for Seamus in my opinion. I have had great success with his Avatar in all the games I've used him in, although I will say, get used to the fact that he is much more fragile than the standard Seamus. I've had Avatar Seamus killed every game but 1 that he has come to play in. However, it is another reason I like Molly. If you are decided on taking the predictable Bodyguard scheme, she makes a great target for it instead of Seamus.

Well, I don't get to see the specs of ASeamus until later this month, so what tankiness does he retain?

I know he loses Hard to wound and keeps hard to kill,

But

Does he keep Necrotic Ministrations?

What about (1)Live for Pain?

And how many Wd does he have?

And what is his Df?

And Wp.

I hear his Wp is reduced to 5.

Well, I don't get to see the specs of ASeamus until later this month, so what tankiness does he retain? A little of this, a little of that.

I know he loses Hard to wound and keeps hard to kill,

But

Does he keep Necrotic Ministrations? I don't believe so

What about (1)Live for Pain? I don't think so

And how many Wd does he have? The same, if I recall correctly

And what is his Df? Lower by one point or the same I believe

And Wp.

I hear his Wp is reduced to 5. I heard the same thing

Answered your questions as best I could in purple. Don't have my book with me at the moment.

Edited by Gensuke626

Yeah, pretty much what Gensuke says. he has a few abilities that can drain his WP either permanently to increase his Terrifying, or temporarily to give him a combat boost. He does heal every time someone fails a moral duel within 10" and he does have armor 2 while he is in Melee, and I never manifest unless A: Seamus is in melee and he can't get away for some reason. or B: Seamus can get a good chunk of the opponents crew into his Melee range all at once. Anathema + Wicked equals many dead models. Losing Hard 2 Wound coupled with his low def does make him drop fairly fast though, even with armor 2.

aSeamus does not have paired fists. His combat boosting spell is Gargantuan Growth which requires at least an 8 of Rams and increases his Melee range by 1", increases his Cb by +1, and gives a positive twist on the dmg flip.

aSeamus does in fact also have a self healing spell, as well as a paralyzing spell.

I really think aSeamus is almost auto-include in Seamus lists. I wouldn't always attempt to bring him out, however, because at least in my own special can, he seems to almost always die when I d, but he almost universally does something incredibly useful before he goes.

Hm.

I think what draws me the most to A.Seamus,

Well aside from the fact that he's a vortex of 19th century literature,

Is that by taking his Avatar your opponent cannot build a solid crew against you.

By taking Wp defense heavy models, one need only manifest to shift the game to a different style.

Or should they take an overly offensive crew to drop your Avatar quickly, you need not manifest.

All the while you have the freedom to build into whatever crew you'd like.

A lot of avatars are like that. Some gain abilities that fill holes in their playstyle and others take away abilities that make a master unbalanced.

But I will say aSeamus is still a wp based master becuase he causes terror checks left and right like mad with his presence, his attacks, along with everyone in his crew gaining +1 to their terrifying or gaining the ability if they didn't have it. In fact everything he does causes moral checks.

Oh, almost forgot, only two other models in the game don't make moral checks with his Anathema ability, aPandora and the aDreamer. And I mean everyone, constructs included.

A lot of avatars are like that. Some gain abilities that fill holes in their playstyle and others take away abilities that make a master unbalanced.

But I will say aSeamus is still a wp based master becuase he causes terror checks left and right like mad with his presence, his attacks, along with everyone in his crew gaining +1 to their terrifying or gaining the ability if they didn't have it. In fact everything he does causes moral checks.

Oh, almost forgot, only two other models in the game don't make moral checks with his Anathema ability, aPandora and the aDreamer. And I mean everyone, constructs included.

Is he still immune to Terrifying because he now has Anathema?

Or is that an unintentional loophole?

He still needs game testing, but if you can eliminate some of the worst threats before he manifests, problems like Niño, and also don't throw him directly into the middle of your opponent's force then he should last as long as his normal version. That is of course assuming both crews have thinned out by the time he manifests.

He is not immortal so don't go and be foolhardy by rushing completely out front with no support. Seamus is on a 50mm base and is Ht 3 so hiding him will be hard but not impossible on a table with ample terrain.

Edited by Murphy'sLawyer

He is not immortal so don't go and be foolhardy by rushing completely out front with no support. Seamus is on a 50mm base and is Ht 3 so hiding him will be hard but not impossible on a table with ample terrain.

He's not only mortal, he's even more mortal than vanilla Seamus. I'm guessing it will take a while for people to wrap their heads around a Seamus that not nigh-unkillable. Still looking forward to more games with him, will hopefully try him out a bunch this weekends tournament.