UK Malifaux Rankings are LIVE!

mythicFOX

I think the title says it all really.

It's been a long hard road to get here but the UK Malifaux rankings are now live on Rankings HQ.

UK Malifaux Rankings

mythicfox.com. You can also hear an interview I did with the Gamers Lounge talking about rankings here.

I want to thank everyone who's helped us get there. As I say it's not been easy, you can read my personal thoughts on journey on my new blog at

One quick heads up, the Best Master badges will take a little while longer to implement, but don't worry they'll be there soon.

Any questions please let me know.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just signed up to find out I am already on the list. Seemed a tourny I played in was ranked. Was a bit freaked out when I signed up and it already seem to know who I was and that I played Malifaux.

While I was against the rankings at first I have decided to see how they go.

So it seems I have ranked 93 in UK, think I need to improve that :)

Edit: Just saw that my ranking is out of 111 players. 93/111 going to really have to improve , teach me to decide that a tournament would be the prefect place to try out a new master lol.

Edited by Talos

82nd that's awesome....82nd best faux player only 42 places behind my best mate.....its all to play for! James this ranking dodad is fantastic not that its going to change how I play but I will hope that Sonnia will help me improve in the two events Im attending this year.

Just listened to the podcast and wanted to post something given the very vocal negative presence I've had in this debate. Listening to James, and having had the opportunity to meet him a few times (in the podcast he mentions spilling all his LCB tactics to someone in a tourney - that's the first time we met lol) I have to say I'm impressed with how he's handled all this, especially in the face of such negativity (I think he's handled this with more class than me for example).

And whilst I may disagree about the risk of some of the unintended consequences which may arise, I believe he as the best intentions at heart and wish him all the best with it and would encourage the people with reservations to support him. After all, sure the world may burst into flames and everyone die because of rankings, but if that does happen it should be because they were never meant to work despite best efforts, not because some of us intentionally or unintentionally caused it - do you know what I mean?

Now, off to pull Pandora and Hamelin out of retirement...and anyone know where I can get a cheap LCB with 10 alps? :D

Adam

Edited by magicpockets

Psssh. Pick up Marcus Adam ;)

The thing is Craig, I really wouldn't be surprised if you've found a way to make him awesomeness :)

On a side (question for James) - could you take a sec to explain the final scoring system? I thought it was quite easy but then noticed Deliverance 2011 only gave 99 pts to first place (rather than 100pts) so be useful if you could break it down for us.

Edited by magicpockets

The thing is Craig, I really wouldn't be surprised if you've found a way to make him awesomeness :)

On a side (question for James) - could you take a sec to explain the final scoring system? I thought it was quite easy but then noticed Deliverance 2011 only gave 99 pts to first place (rather than 100pts) so be useful if you could break it down for us.

Team Marcus has a place waiting for you :)

:o

HOW DARE YOU?!?

If you run forward and try and melee stuff, you will die. It's more avoidance and picking your fights.

That's why I like Hamelin, it's more plough in and kill everything :)

Fine. You do Raspy. Dirty beggar.

Hey, I was tempted to do Sonnia but someone else is now, and I don't want to show his poor playing ability up by doing a better job :P

Wow. I'm sure Hamelin is a BUCKET of laughs :P

Honestly (and without derailing this thread even further into a Hamelin OP thread), no he's not - to play as or play against. Trouble is, when I decided he was my next crew (you remember this) he wasn't out and I preordered a LOT of stuff for him - so until I can sell it for a reasonable price I'm stuck with him :(

I don't think I'll be at the GT, but I may threaten to go with Hamelin just so someone buys him from me before then :)

I'm back on Zoraida now, she's fun to play and - most importantly - my crew is painted so I don't have to find the time to paint ;)

There seems to be a few people on there who I know have asked to be removed from the rankings system?

I would hope players would give rankings a chance and try a few events before choosing to opt out of a system they haven't really experienced yet.

That said anyone who wants to opt out can do so as follows; If they sign up to RHQ or are signed up already they can opt out in their profile settings. That lets them stay on RHQ for social networking etc. Alternatively they can opt out by contacting RHQ through the contact form on the site and ask to be opted out.