Quick Terraclips review

Omenbringer

To start off, I should say that I hate being a complainer, and if it comes clear that I'm somehow just mucking this up, then shame on me.

I went to my LGS last night to see they had Terraclips in, which, in a moment of spontaneous glee, got the Sewers and a connector set. I hadn't realized I needed the connector set immediately, so, while shelling out more than I meant to, I got it and my friends promptly got me to open and try putting it together. I was first a little frustrated that it wasn't a full 3x3 board - i had been mis-informed that one board would be enough.

*In a realization while writing this, I know that a lot of my current-pulling-out-my-hair is due to accidental peer pressure. I'm certainly not trying to put all the blame on companies making this.

In any event, I had store credit, and so went about getting Streets of Malifaux and another box of connectors, my long-desired full game board suddenly seeming like a possible reality. I went home, popped out the pieces, and headed to bed. Now, I've spent somewhere around 2 hours putting the board together, and I'm cursing the fact that I got all this without doing more intel first. I can't seem to make a board correctly, and I never seem to have enough pieces to do what I want to do with the board. In addition, I finally started working on the second level 'main square' with the streets of Malifaux, and discovered that my death marshall (the one that is jumping off its coffin) doesn't fit under it, on the first floor.

Am I just going about this the wrong way?

My biggest complaint, especially for the Sewers set, is the lack of walls available in the set. I can see why they said that the promo shots needed to use 2 boxes - the 'extra parts' are all the walls to help bound things in and make them look really good. I've seen a few setups that I think might be a better use of space, so I expect that the layouts will improve as time passes, but still.

MORE WALLS.

Booster packs with individual sheets would be really cool.

To start off, I should say that I hate being a complainer, and if it comes clear that I'm somehow just mucking this up, then shame on me.

I went to my LGS last night to see they had Terraclips in, which, in a moment of spontaneous glee, got the Sewers and a connector set. I hadn't realized I needed the connector set immediately, so, while shelling out more than I meant to, I got it and my friends promptly got me to open and try putting it together. I was first a little frustrated that it wasn't a full 3x3 board - i had been mis-informed that one board would be enough.

*In a realization while writing this, I know that a lot of my current-pulling-out-my-hair is due to accidental peer pressure. I'm certainly not trying to put all the blame on companies making this.

In any event, I had store credit, and so went about getting Streets of Malifaux and another box of connectors, my long-desired full game board suddenly seeming like a possible reality. I went home, popped out the pieces, and headed to bed. Now, I've spent somewhere around 2 hours putting the board together, and I'm cursing the fact that I got all this without doing more intel first. I can't seem to make a board correctly, and I never seem to have enough pieces to do what I want to do with the board. In addition, I finally started working on the second level 'main square' with the streets of Malifaux, and discovered that my death marshall (the one that is jumping off its coffin) doesn't fit under it, on the first floor.

Am I just going about this the wrong way?

I've not got mine yet, but the tutorial videos I think will help you out, they are at http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php?view=pages&pgid=9 but what I will say is you will get tall model syndrome with any type of terrain.

I always have the same problem in 40k with banner poles on marines, and Snow Storm doesn't fit in buildings in my home made cardboard shanty town!

While I ran a tourney Saturday I spent my time playing with these.

Few observation

1) The picture on the box sorta shows the roofs coming off and leave the attic. After playing and watching the roofing video I realize that this is not quite how it works. To keep the roofs from sagging they need to attach to the attics space

2) I think your best bet is to create layouts in 1 foot by 1 foot sections and then connect them

3) They come together and seem to work a lot better once you get a few things built and connected. A small building on its own seems wobbly but once you connect it to a street and second building it becomes a lot more sturdy.

4) Be Gently when you pull punch the parts out, You can easily rip the paper if you don't watch it.