McMourning Avatar

Eisenhorn

To hell with the victory points, this will definitely be my new goal in the game. I better go sharpen my scalpel.:decaypuppet

In our group there's been a running contest between the three McMourning players to see who can collect the most body parts in one game. The record is currently 34 at once.

Also, loving the Stein avatar.

Is it funny that i can see a way to get his requirements fulfilled in one activation?

Pick a weaker enemy...

1. (0)Scalpel Slingin for low damage and one body part.

2. (1)Rancid Transplant :+fate:+fate.

3. (1)Surgical Implements strike for low damage and one body part.

4. (+1)Discard body part for fast.

5. (1)Dissection for enough damage to finish the enemy model and three body parts.

You need two body parts to start with and a few good cards in hand and a weak enemy within six inches. It will take the entire activation but if you can pull it off it would cover both the requirements for McMournings Avatar.

Is it funny that i can see a way to get his requirements fulfilled in one activation?

Pick a weaker enemy...

5. (1)Dissection for enough damage to finish the enemy model and three body parts.

You need two body parts to start with and a few good cards in hand and a weak enemy within six inches. It will take the entire activation but if you can pull it off it would cover both the requirements for McMournings Avatar.

Cool! Though it requires a lot of stuff to go right, needing good cards (as you mentioned) and possibly costing a soulstone or two. Perfect storm. Still, very nice.

Edited by Hatchethead

Cool! Though it requires a lot of stuff to go right, needing good cards (as you mentioned) and possibly costing several soulstones. Perfect storm. Still, very nice.

That's why it really hinges on comboing against the weakest enemy in the board. Hopefully they will really increase the odds of success.

I really just cannot wait to give it an attempt.

Pick a weaker enemy...

close but no cigar.

a single action can only complete one of the manifest reqs. you have to pick. so if you kill something with dissection while it has rancid transplant on it, the body parts don't count towards the total to manifest.

you will have to kill something else or wait a turn.

close but no cigar.

a single action can only complete one of the manifest reqs. you have to pick. so if you kill something with dissection while it has rancid transplant on it, the body parts don't count towards the total to manifest.

OooooOOOoooh.

close but no cigar.

It actually lists that as a rule to manifest the avatars? Well if that is the case several of the requirements for some of the avatars are going to be ridiculously difficult to complete.

Considering how crazy the Avatars have the potential to be, I'm not about to complain. And no, I don't think they're about to break the game, but, for instance, take a look at Sonnia, or Rasputina, or Lillith. Would you rather those things were easy?

Now, about this rule about only meeting one requirement per action...does that mean Sonnia's requirements of 2 Infernos and 10 Wds with spells...any Wds caused by Inferno won't count?

From my understanding avatars are like a laundry list of things you have to do to get them?

I thought it'd be like a Barb's Rage in D&D...you did and and then you'd get pooped out and couldn't do it again.

Are they treated like separate models with different stats?

At least give us that much, I noticed the Jekyl/Hyde thing with Seamus, I had a feeling where he'd go.

Considering how crazy the Avatars have the potential to be, I'm not about to complain. And no, I don't think they're about to break the game, but, for instance, take a look at Sonnia, or Rasputina, or Lillith. Would you rather those things were easy?

Now, about this rule about only meeting one requirement per action...does that mean Sonnia's requirements of 2 Infernos and 10 Wds with spells...any Wds caused by Inferno won't count?

they can count for one or the other. if you do 8 wds with a nice inferno you will probably want it to count for wds and just cast inferno a couple of more times.

Mcm is a 2 part Avatar. That art is for Simulacrum 29, which summons when he Manifests his avatar. Mcm himself looks pretty similar, except that he has freddy krueger like claws and a syringe in his hands.

Yes, they are treated as separate models with separate stats. Mcm loses a little combat utility for some more heals / buffs, specifically ones that benefit '29. 29 then stomps around and kills stuff with buffs from Mcm. He can also resummon 29 if it dies, but the summoned 29 takes wounds when it enters play. Good thing mcm has damn good heals for him, haha.

Edited by Necromorph