Snow Storm Question

CannonFodder

Question

14 answers to this question

As far as I know, they will move 4" towards him by the shortest path possible that is legal for them. So they would walk 4" towards the nearest wall edge, even if they dont get to him.

So "Push" does not mean "can now walk through walls", no.

There is a difference between Push & Push Directly. You described the effect of pushed directly. I know push is not necessary a straight line.

My biggest question is :pulse effect threw walls, I recall something about that but I can't recall details.

There is a difference between Push & Push Directly. You described the effect of pushed directly. I know push is not necessary a straight line.

My biggest question is :pulse effect threw walls, I recall something about that but I can't recall details.

Their height is infinite, if that's what you mean.

EDIT: RM, page 20, for reference

Edited by Soundwave

Yeah, I'm thinking the wall and the pulse is the bigger interaction to question there. But I think so long as the Wall is of finite height, since the pulse would be infinite, that it would work fine.

Now, if it's an indoor map, with a wall and a ceiling....then maybe it wouldn't work.

Yeah, I'm thinking the wall and the pulse is the bigger interaction to question there. But I think so long as the Wall is of finite height, since the pulse would be infinite, that it would work fine.

Now, if it's an indoor map, with a wall and a ceiling....then maybe it wouldn't work.

I'd say yes, same as linking sorrows to Jackdaw and then moving him through a wall - as long as there's a clear route they can move into B2B irrespective of actual distance travelled.

I think that was the case, so if snowstorm moves into a building with the doors closed, you can't push the other models into base contact, because the non-spirits don't have a path to get there. But if there is a door open in the same building 10 miles away it (really big building) technically works because they are pushed around the building threw the door then into base contact.

Any chance of an official ruling for clarity.

I think that was the case, so if snowstorm moves into a building with the doors closed, you can't push the other models into base contact, because the non-spirits don't have a path to get there. But if there is a door open in the same building 10 miles away it (really big building) technically works because they are pushed around the building threw the door then into base contact.

Any chance of an official ruling for clarity.

Well, with a building that has a roof and all the doors are closed, I don't think the Pulse would get outside and affect the models anyways. That's what I was trying to point out. It might be infinite height, but if there's a ceiling, I don't think it would go beyond that. Could be just my rational mind trying to apply logic to the rules. That doesn't always work the way you think though.

Sorry guys, not going to work :)

The three effects below are colelctively referred to as area effects. Area effects have a Ht as indicated in their descriptions below and can affect anything within their area that they have LoS to.

Emphasis mine.

If you move Snowstorm to the other side of the wall he won't have LOS to the back side, unless I'm forgetting one of his abilities.

I posted a separate question specifically about :auras & :pulses to hopefully clarify things, but I don't think there will be any official responses for the next week because of GenCon.

I think we clarified the push stuff, and going around objects but now its mostly about how the :pulse & :aura touches the models behind objects. I believe the proper way is be in this thread.

Actually I didnt describe push directly, I described push.

But yes, since Snow Storm's effect is an infinite push not a 4" push (clearly not enough coffee this morning...) nothing stops this working.

And pulses/auras dont care about walls. They have infinite height unless stated otherwise (some state Ht 5 such as Rasputina's obscuring AE).

Re -

"Originally Posted by Rules Manual, pg 20, Area Effects

The three effects below are colelctively referred to as area effects. Area effects have a Ht as indicated in their descriptions below and can affect anything within their area that they have LoS to."

This is LOS from the area effect, not the model it originates from. So if the area effect has LOS to the model it can work.