Pandora and Hamlin, too hard?

Obscure_Ref

It's pretty tough, but he is 10 SS of tough. To be honest with you, as a former Pandora player, I dropped her completely after much whining from my group. At first I pinned it on them not being used to her, but I've come to the conclusion that she's a little too OP for my tastes. Stacking models like Hamelin on top of that is just like kicking somebody when they're already down.

Granted, that could just be my group. Back to the original point, I think he's quite brutal with her, and you're obviously getting good results. If your friends are okay with you playing Pandora in the first place, then no, I don't think he's "too hard." But if they keep complaining, you might want to consider dropping him. No point playing in a non tournament setting if people aren't enjoying the game.

So I have been play testing Hamlin the Ratcatcher with my Pandy crew, and after every game I have had I've received the same response from my different opponents, "wow, that is brutal..."

So I ask, is this combo too hard?

The simple answer is, no.

Malifaux is a very brutal game where the combos can reach game shattering proportions. This, to put it bluntly, is about middle of the road. I consider it truthfully, nothing all that special. It's mean, but there are much much worse combinations out there. MP gave a good example, Jack Daw and Pandora is just a bit to mean for friendly games in my eyes.

The thing is, your friends will realize the brutality of the game eventually. When Samael can 1 shot Pandora it kinda puts things into perspective ;). My advice... keep using it if you enjoy it and find it fun but try and open your friends eyes to the brutality of the game. Pandora is far from invincible she, just like most of hte Neverborn, take some thinking to really beat and compete against.

Pandora with 7ss

Doppleganger (copy unhealthy relationship and emotional trauma)

Sorrow (b2b with the DG and copy emotional trauma)

JackDaw

Hamelin

Poltergeist

or -

Pandora with 5ss

JackDaw

Lelu

Lilitu

That's how combos really work :firedevil

Pandora with 7ss

JackDaw

Hamelin

Poltergeist

or -

Pandora with 5ss

JackDaw

Lelu

Lilitu

That's how combos really work :firedevil

Yup.... that is a good example of what a mean Malifaux Combo is... there's a reason I never mention these in anything XD

There is actually a step further this can be carried. Pandora + Doppleganger + Sorrows can yield quite a few strange combinations. Such things as the Peire Ravage mini nuke is a good one.

There is actually a step further this can be carried. Pandora + Doppleganger + Sorrows can yield quite a few strange combinations. Such things as the Peire Ravage mini nuke is a good one.

Haha. I'm back on the forums for all of a few hours and I notice a post about the classic Natty Sorrow Bomb!

https://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16777&highlight=sorrow+bomb