Expression of Interest: The Malifaux World League

Rathnard

An idea for an additional aim/ award would be to play against different masters/ henchmen as well as against different players. This could be difficult if you have a limited pool of opponents and if your group spends conservatively, but tracking this information would be cool too. It will also encourage those participating to build their local game groups and get more new blood.

If you do track total opponents and how many masters you have played against you could set levels like rookie = played vs 5 different masters, etc...

Edited by szma76

Sorry for the delayed response - my internet has been shocking over the last few days. :(

SMZA - I like the idea of tracking different Masters people face. We'd probably need a seperate title for it, since for some it'd be almost impossible to face every master. I'll see if I can incorporate that into my excel sheet. In the meantime, got any ideas for possible title names?

I'll officially start the League on the 1st August, same as DAGabriel's Tale of Painters. Painting will need to be from then (as per the tale) but I'll allow a bit of leeway for games - if you play any games on the weekend before (30th/31st July), then they'll count for the League.

Regarding painting, I'm happy to follow DAGabriel's lead on what's allowed/not allowed. So from what I understand priming and assembly is acceptable pre-league, but painted or partially painted models won't count for the painting title.

As for when I want your registrations, I'll put up an official thread this weekend.

Social Butterfly? :D

SMZA - I like the idea of tracking different Masters people face. We'd probably need a seperate title for it, since for some it'd be almost impossible to face every master. I'll see if I can incorporate that into my excel sheet. In the meantime, got any ideas for possible title.

Social butterfly is good but I think it is a better label for someone who has played against multiple opponents. To address the issues for those who don't play against a lot of different opponents there should be levels like:

5 different opponents = social caterpillar

15 different opponents = social butterfly

25 different opponents = lord of the social butterflies

( the names and levels are obviously up for debate or change)

We could also change the names to:

M&SU recruit

Guild guard

Lord of the horde

(Respectively)

For different masters and henchman how about:

5 different masters = fresh of the train

15 different masters = liter

All 26 masters and henchman = master of malifaux.