secondary explosions..

Shank Seamus!

Question

Afternoon all,

So here's question, the rules say that any model caught in a resulting explosion, I.e not the hit but the placing of 2nd or 3rd explosion, takes the lower bracket of damage. What if the damage is weak? Does it mean that the models caught in the blast take no damage, or weak like initial hit?

Context: I launch an exploding pig at a clustered belle and sybelle, once hit and blast marker placed, I flip weak damage, as the belle is the Target and hit, she takes 2 wounds, plus 1 and blast for using a stuffed piggy, which catches sybelle, sybelle should take the bracket below damage, but as its weak anyway.. what should she have taken?

We played that she took the damage, but I know i won't hear the end of it if she should have taken nothing..

Cheers!

SS!

19 answers to this question

We played that she took the damage, but I know i won't hear the end of it if she should have taken nothing..

'Wont hear the end it'!?

It was me who said she should take weak damage!

Damn you sir! You offend my honour!:)

Good job Sybelle and her 3 lovely daughters are right hard...

Still think we played it right. Would seem strange to be caught in a blast and take no damage at all.

Ok, but if that is the case, then the current explanation of the rule is so so far from being accurate.. surely (having not checked every possibility) there's plenty that adds +1 to things, damage/blasts that are redundant when flipping weak?

SS!

As far as I know Pigapult is the only model that can add blast to Weak damage.

I also think the ruling is pretty logical. One step down from Weak damage is no damage. The blast is so weak it leaves minions around the explosion with some soot on their faces and that's it. :D

As far as I know Pigapult is the only model that can add blast to Weak damage.

I also think the ruling is pretty logical. One step down from Weak damage is no damage. The blast is so weak it leaves minions around the explosion with some soot on their faces and that's it. :D

Although the pigapult also ads +1 dg, so it could do 1dg as well

Seriously though, Rules Manual doesn't introduce any brackets. It simply says to apply the damage one severity lower to the direct damage. One severity lower from weak is none.

And if I understand the convention correctly (may be wrong here), the +1 Dg applies only to the Direct Damage portion of the attack. Models caught in the blast get hit by generic damage, I believe (because it is governed by the generic blast rules).

OMG' date=' it's like you're taking it all back to the Middle Ages. I hate to tell you, but Algoritmi has solved the problem already. :P[/quote']

..considered answering this.. then decided I had better things to do..

So what does the additional blast do? If the adds only apply to the direct damage, then the additional blast wouldnt effect anyone, so pointless in it being an add.. also the rules state that anyone caught in the blast isn't effected by triggers, its not a trigger its the effect of sacking a pig to make its action better, so the +1 should be applied to all damage. Now given the option a, b, and c, you strike me as the guy that would shout '5' before being told to get back in your box.

SS!

..considered answering this.. then decided I had better things to do..

And you shouldn't, because Algoritmi was one of the greatest mathematicians history recorded. We should be ever thankful to him for invention of Algebra, introduction of algorythms (named after him), propagating Indian numbers around the world (we call them arabic because we've learned them from him) and explaining what the number 0 is so that dumb and religiously fanatical Europeans of the time could swallow it. That last part is very pertinent to the current discussion. :P

So what does the additional blast do? If the adds only apply to the direct damage, then the additional blast wouldnt effect anyone, so pointless in it being an add..

But you add that extra blast to the Medium and Severe damage as well, and that is quite a lot. It's merely at the weakest stage where it would do nothing.

also the rules state that anyone caught in the blast isn't effected by triggers, its not a trigger its the effect of sacking a pig to make its action better, so the +1 should be applied to all damage. Now given the option a, b, and c, you strike me as the guy that would shout '5' before being told to get back in your box.

SS!

Ah, but that has nothing to do with triggers, and everything to do with how boosting the damage works. As I said, I'm not sure about this particular part, but consider how Red Joker affects blast damage. When you pull red Joker, you do Severe damage, you apply the blast at Medium damage (one step down), and then you flip the second damage card and apply that second damage only to your initial target (you cannot get second blast out of it or boost the original blast with it).

I believe any boost to spell damage would work the same way, but I admit I'm not sure of this interpretation. I may be off the mark here.

Edited by Q'iq'el

And you shouldn't' date=' because Algoritmi was one of the greatest mathematicians history recorded. We should be ever thankful to him for invention of Algebra, introduction of algorythms (named after him), propagating Indian numbers around the world (we call them arabic because we've learned them from him) and explaining what the number 0 is so that dumb and religiously fanatical Europeans of the time could swallow it. That last part is very pertinent to the current discussion. [/quote']

The issue is not what your saying, I always appreciate constructive comments, the issue your developing is in the way Youv said it, arrogance isn't an attractive quality in anyone. Still waiting on an official answer or at least one that isn't voiced from someone so far up himself he's inside out..

SS!

The issue is not what your saying, I always appreciate constructive comments, the issue your developing is in the way Youv said it, arrogance isn't an attractive quality in anyone. Still waiting on an official answer or at least one that isn't voiced from someone so far up himself he's inside out..

SS!

Blimey! Do I need to seperate you two??

Slapped legs all round!

The fact that I, and therefore our entire gaming group (yes, I am that far up my myself;)), am happy to play it as weak until it receives an official ruling should be enough for you!

And you wish you could 'Shank Seamus'!

He's unvulnerabelle!! (see what I did there...)