Bad Dreams :(

Orboros

So, i played my first game against the Dreamer yesterday.

It was a 30SS game and the objective was to hold quarters of the table to gain points. (we played without secondary objectives because we are fairly new to the game and wanted to keep it basic.)

My list looked like this:

Som'er

Mosquito

3 Piglets

Warpig

Hog Whisperer

2 Gremlins

He had everything buried (Teddy, Coppelius, 1 Daydream, 2 Alps (i think they are called like that) and obviously Chompy) except for The Dreamer and two daydreams, one near the dreamer one one the other side of the table.

Round two is when my Nightmare started: The Dreamer was hiding out of my threat range and the single Daydream floated in a Building were it waited to unburry the forces.

So i was stuck between two potential entrypoints of his army and the only thing i could do in my opinion was, wait in the center of the table for him to come out.

Unfortunately he floated out of the building with his evil little totem and unburied everything in my face.

Terrifying and the sheer force of the Teddy and Chompy did the rest.

I lost 4 to 2 because i managed to run away with the warpig, two piglets (who buried themself into the ground) and a gremlin.

I really dont know what to do against this nightmare of a master.

Any advices, i want to be ready when the time comes..

Edited by Orboros

Send something cheap but capable against the Daydream and pull everything else back.

You mean the one in the Building?

It was a big, half deatroyed tower with a circular staircase on the outside which led to the door, wich i would have to destroy first.

The only way i could have reached it would have been a flying piglet and then he would have simply ran away.

And what if i kill the daydream, guess what a new one gets summoned..

Against the Dreamer the top priority is to kill the day dreams.

They are the model that gives the mobility and flexibility to the whole crew.

Yes a new one can be summoned but it will cost 2 soul stones and will appear near the Dreamer not on your flank.

If the day dream runs away that's good as it means you denied territory to it and it's now not in a position to pop all the nightmares out on your crew.

Against the Dreamer the top priority is to kill the day dreams.

They are the model that gives the mobility and flexibility to the whole crew.

Yes a new one can be summoned but it will cost 2 soul stones and will appear near the Dreamer not on your flank.

If the day dream runs away that's good as it means you denied territory to it and it's now not in a position to pop all the nightmares out on your crew.

Soul stones, he told me he has to discard 2 cards for it i think..

Anyway thanks for the advices :)

Killing the daydream allowss him to unbury something else which might be wat he was refering too, ratehr than summoning another one.

He needs to use the dreamer to unbury all the nightmares, the daydreams only do it one at a time. (although good use of the daydream can get the dreamer into the right place to unbury everything.)

If you can kill the day dreams then you at least resict when he can get everything out. The biggest thing in your favour to start with is activation control. If he looks ready to unlesh evberythign on you, save activating the good models until after they have shown up. Sommer and the mosquito have area of effect damage, the warpig can do a huge amount of damage and even the war pigs can put the hurt on one or two of his models.

Its not an easy trick to answer, but it can be dealt with.

Killing the daydream allowss him to unbury something else which might be wat he was refering too, ratehr than summoning another one.

He needs to use the dreamer to unbury all the nightmares, the daydreams only do it one at a time. (although good use of the daydream can get the dreamer into the right place to unbury everything.)

If you can kill the day dreams then you at least resict when he can get everything out. The biggest thing in your favour to start with is activation control. If he looks ready to unlesh evberythign on you, save activating the good models until after they have shown up. Sommer and the mosquito have area of effect damage, the warpig can do a huge amount of damage and even the war pigs can put the hurt on one or two of his models.

Its not an easy trick to answer, but it can be dealt with.

Your right that's what he meant, sry.

It looks like beating the dreamer is a thing of practice, i'll definitely try my best next time ^^