Howdy Y'all

ThunderChicken

Howdy from North Texas!

Much like other folks, I'm sure, I got into gaming with the red box D&D in the mid 80's. My first miniature wargame was 40k in 1987 or so. Pretty much stuck with 40k, WFB and Blood Bowl through High School. I completely lost touch with gaming while attending college and it wasn't until around 01 or so that I got back into it. After dabbling with WFB and 40k, I found that the game really didn't excite me anymore. I love the fluff, but it didn't drive me to play the game. I still play blood bowl in a local league and BB will always be very close to my heart.

I instantly fell in love with the idea and fluff of Malifaux when I first heard about it on the D6G Gencon podcast in August 09. The world is so rich and the folks at Wyrd seem to really have a handle on what they are doing. I've lurked for a while as well and the community seems to be friendly and knowledgeable.

I have owned the first book for over a year and got book two and the manual when they were released. I currently own and am painting several crews. I'm finding it hard to stay focused. The mini's are so great, it's so hard not to grab a few new ones whenever I get a chance. I'm also finding myself taking much more time to paint them, which I really like.

I am pretty new to actually "playing" the game Malifaux.

I was able to play a quick demo at Adepticon this year, which was complete awesomesauce: Ms. Justice took me, and Lillith, out with one swing. The Henchman explained "it's ok you'll survive this turn, at least" just before my best friend flipped the red joker and a 12 for damage. :) I cant remember the henchman's name, but it was a great demo.

I have only played a few times since. Mostly just trying to get the rules down. I'd love to play more, but am finding it hard to locate and catch up with a group that plays regularly near me.

I'm the proud father of two boys (6 and 4) which keep me pretty busy. I have a few other hobbies that also keep me away from the painting/gaming table including Golf, Hunting (bow, rifle, shotgun), IDPA/USPSA (competitive pistol shooting), Competitive Brewing, and the ever popular and addictive outdoor game "Cornhole".

Looking forward to being part of the community.

Cheers!

JC

Welcome! Thanks for posting your Malifaux story, and great to hear it's been a good experience so far! Hopefully you'll be able to find other gamers to play with (the forums are actually a good place to start!), and get more games in. At least you have a great place to chat about Malifaux here :D