Ashes and dust lives!

Huoshini

I cannot take credit for the vortex itself. That I found online. But that was the start. So I bought some warjack hands from Privateer press and pinned them to the vortex then did some putty work to make the arms look flaming/fading. But thansk for the compliments, I will definitly post a picture of the finished product!

Looks quite good to me. Reminds me of the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Toons.

LOL! I will never look at an ashes and dust in the same way! I really like what you have done with it cheif :-) Its a nice take on the ashes its clear what it is and looks great... I look forward to seeing the components...

...may inspire me to paint up my proxy of the ashes and dust :-D

The main thing I was thinking when I thought of ashes and dust was that I needed a cool tornado, skulls and big hulking mechanical hands. Omenbringer(One fo our local henchmen) gave me the idea to use the warmachine jack hands and I was vigirously searching for the main part of the model. I'l be posting the Ashen Core and dust storm as soon as I get a hold of some suitable models to butcher :P

now that I've done this model, I don't want Wyrd to come out with an A&D that I will have to buy :P

Edited by Huoshini

The main thing I was thinking when I thought of ashes and dust was that I needed a cool tornado, skulls and big hulking mechanical hands. Omenbringer(One fo our local henchmen) gave me the idea to use the warmachine jack hands and I was vigirously searching for the main part of the model. I'l be posting the Ashen Core and dust storm as soon as I get a hold of some suitable models to butcher :P

now that I've done this model, I don't want Wyrd to come out with an A&D that I will have to buy :P

Well let me continue with the receomendations then;

Take a look at the bones pack from Reaper;

03537_w_1.jpg

Figure two of those would make a grand scratch built ashen core.

This may sound ridiculous but it started as a joke, I looked at ashes and dust when the we got the rulebook and said they should do that model as the next limited Ed model I would love to see it as the core and hands as partsvu can paint and the cloud part of the model in clear resin that u put together over th core once u paint it! Crazy yes? Would be very hard to do.. I live in hope.... ;)

UPDATE:

So I've continued work on my A&D project and have made a dust storm and an ashen core. The dust storm is quite simple. I just used some apoxie scuplt and made a small swirling vortex. I did the best i could. It's a bit short but I think it is good enough to get the job done :)

The ashen core was made from some 40k chaos vehicle bits. the standing spikes with skulls on them. I made a square with them and put the crescent bit on top. I then took mroe apoxie scuplt and modeled some flames covering the ring so it looks like spikes pokeing out of the flame.

I will get pictures up as soon as I can :)

• 10 months later...