nicodem newb

sephiroa

i just bought the undertakers box on e-bay

and i wonder what to buy next,

i read that punk zombies are not a good starter but are summon minions, and that i have to start with canines and other minions.

but why? punk zombies are good, and i like them (i agree when fighting perdita, punk zombies are no good)

and what are your tactics on a 25ss list?

thanks sephiroa

Well if you can get 3 Punk Zombies for 6 Points instead of 15 Points... that will be great ... or not?

That is it why the people alwasy say that Punks are realy good to summon...

Send out sopme fast little Minions like tzhe Doggies... let the opponent kill them and then smash am brand new Punk in their Face...!

Thats how it works... :)

What you definetly need is some Mindless Zombies...!

So i would buy some of these...

i tend to start with one for prefrence. but the idea is, as they only have 6 wounds and are weak from shooting, you use the dog's as a punk delivery system. just beware of any grave diggers on opponent side. about 6 mindless should be ample. if you have more than that you really should summon some things.

some pieces of advice id give would be keep a mindless next to him at all times. Also a wide range of models is helpful, a nice proxy for a Rogue Necromancy could be fun, he is an awesome monster to stick infront of a master late game.

Edited by Haystacks

well, my first tought would be to buy 1 pack of mindless zombies and both pack of canines.

maybe the hanged as ranged? or maybe jack daw?

and rouge necromancy, i can proxy it, but will wait until it is released :)

with the 4 canines i can use this in 25 ss

Nicodem

4 canines 8ss

1 punk zombie 5ss

mortimer 7ss

20ss with 8 cache

or

nicodem

3 canines 6ss

2 punk zombies 10ss

mortimer 7ss

23ss with 5cache

what is your opinion on these list, and what wold you use?

With nico dude, you don't really want to be paying for the punk zombies since you can summon them for free. Paying 10ss off the bat for something you can get for free in the fight isnt good. Take more cheap stuff like canines that you can suicide attack with the summon a punk from the counter that drops when they die; stuff dying for nico isn't that bad, having lots of counters = very good!

With nico dude, you don't really want to be paying for the punk zombies since you can summon them for free. Paying 10ss off the bat for something you can get for free in the fight isnt good. Take more cheap stuff like canines that you can suicide attack with the summon a punk from the counter that drops when they die; stuff dying for nico isn't that bad, having lots of counters = very good!

meaning, even more canines?? like 6-8?

Anything that can't be summoned later in the game is also well worth bringing with Nicodem.. Simply due to the fact that you couldn't play it otherwise..

Punk Zombies just aren't critical in the first few turns of the game, can easily be summoned and add to that even their low "counters per SS" ratio and you'll see why it's usually better to summon them as you go..

If you're just starting out with Nicodem though I don't think it's directly abysmal to start with the Punks on the table (if they die you can always resummon them later on), it's just not 100% optimal in terms of efficieny - but it does save you a few $$ when starting.

I personally like to take at least one Rotten Belle (to help Nico move around or split up the enemy) and at least one Crooked Man (board control and ranged). Killjoy is fun as well, but quite an investment (although Nico doesn't pay the 1 SS extra for him being a merc).

future investments ;)

2 canine clamshells

1-2 mindless zombies clamshels

1 rotten bell clamshell

and 1 crooked men clamshell

that would a bit to much for a mere student ;)

I would pick up a Flesh construct somewhere also. Those things do wonders for me....

+1 on this one. Franky to the face is still one of the best summons you can do mid to late game with Nico unless you're really swimming in corpse counters; in that case a Rogue Necromancy (and 4 cards) will make your opponent cry. But then you'd also have to use a proxy, which is a no-go at tournaments...

Flesh Constructs are perfect, for the extra card draw and the fact that they can hit pretty hard. They also tend to be a bit of a beacon, drawing heat and resources because your opponent will want them dead. Which actually works great, since they make two counters so they "pay" for themselves. But yeah, definitely invest in a Rogue Necro proxy. I use a Desolation Engine.

I would get at least 4 dogs, and 2-3 necropunks. Necropunks work better in groups, as they give slow to models. Also Bette is a good starter in a bigger game and sometimes in 25ss depending on your strategy. But definatley start with little guys and maybe one hitter, and just summon punk zombies, because they are kinda slow and vulnerable to ranged attacks.

What about for Nico crew of 25ss:

Nicodiem

Vultures 2ss

Mortimer 7ss

6x Canine Remains 12ss

7ss cache

Use the canines to dig up corpse counters with Mortimer have the vulture pick them up or just out right sacrifice them for punk zombies, rouge necromancy, punk zombies, & etc

Any thoughts?

Use the canines to dig up corpse counters with Mortimer have the vulture pick them up or just out right sacrifice them for punk zombies, rouge necromancy, punk zombies, & etc

Any thoughts?

I hope your not scavenging for corspes because that went out of the rules a long time ago.

I would say some canines, necropunks and a Hanged would be good in 25ss with punks and frankies in for summons. Crooked Men and belles are also very good for board control.

As for $ cost ... welcome to Ressers :D thats what I found by the time I got all I wanted I thought I am so close to owning the whole faction already so why not go the whole hog. A lot of the resser minions work well with any of the book 1 masters so there is a lot of overlap and you wont be wasting much if anything.

i have played my first game with nicodem,

it was, well, very strange :)

i played this against a justice crew,

my list,

nicodem

mortimer 7

3 punk zombies 15

6 cache

i played against

justice

judge

executioner

deathmarshal

santiago

it went realy well, considering i am fighting the undead killers.

one thing that was realy annoying, with their last rites,, at one moment there where 4 corpse counters, and they where al gone before i could even summon some mindless or punk zombies,

the bolster undead is just crazy, i killed justice with some punk zombies and flurry, with cb 9 against her df 5, she had to burn ss and when she ran out, she was a dead man, i mean woman,

nicodem is crazy, his decay spell is good, and his rigor mortis spell is awesome, i paralyzed the judge, he could do nothing and just stood there, and he was his trumph card with his "judged" spell

i love nicodem, now it's time to buy some additionel models ;)