Hello!!!

SirAngry

Hello peeps,

I've been a long time lurker on this forum, especially the painting part of the forum. I've never really felt the need to post as I wasn't really playing enough Malifaux to make positive contributions to discussions.

However I've now got more Malifaux opponents now so I'll be stepping up my Malifaux gaming!!! Yay. I live in the UK in the West Midlands and today I did a brief overview of what I think of Malifaux on my Blog, I'd really appreciate it if some of you guys would take a look at it and let me know your thoughts:

http://thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.com/2011/05/things-that-i-play-malifaux.html

Also what sorts of Malifaux content would peeps like to see on a Blog? Any way I'm hoping to be a more regular contributor on these pages.

Welcome Sir, good to see another Brit join the ranks.

As for blog content, it's always great to see an individual's journey into Malifaux (or any other game for that matter), from the nervous newbie painting their first miniatures and full of questions to …wherever the journey takes them.

Painted crews always gets a good response, terrain and battle reports too, but viewers like photos I've found, lots of photos. They like lots of updates too ;)

Best of luck with Malifaux, especially now that WFB is no longer on the scene for you.

Greetings! A Malifaux blog sounds cool. If you dig through Malifaux Matters and Mini Matters there are several people who blog about minis and painting and playing. There is also a Malifaux wiki *points at her signature* that is still a work in progress. I am currently looking for a way to get more people in my area into Malifaux, so lots of resources are always welcome :)

Welcome to the forums!!! Have fun, and may fate flip kindly for you ;)

@Malcontent alas yes WFB has passed out of my gaming habits. Shame, but not a major problem, this past year I've been playing a hell of a lot of Warmachine / Hordes and even more Infinity (love that game) and I'm re-discovering my love for smaller skirmish games like Malifaux!!! I've been playing Malifaux on and off since launch but not really had the peeps around me to play games with, but now more people are rage quitting 40k and WFB I've had an influx of plenty of opponents so its all good.

@TheOneWhoFell perhaps my brief overview of Malifaux my help with new starters, its kinda the arguments I've used to convince peeps. I'll be doing a Malifaux from a starters perspective at somepoint next week I think if I get a chance to do the write up of some games with some new starters!!! Maybe their thoughts will help you convince some peeps!!!

Great blog dude, I shared it.

Regards,

TV

Thanks, I tried real hard!!! :) If there's stuff anyone would like specifically I'll give it a bash. The Infinity forum wants me to write up reviews of some resin bases (well some peeps PM'ed me lol) I'll be doing some WIP painting guides. Although I hate doing things like that because I'm really not that great a painter!!!

Welcome! I'm also new on here. And I'm also from the West Midlands! (When I get models, we could have a game :P)

I'm also a blog writer as well! Gosh, we have a lot in common. http://miniaturewargameconversions.blogspot.com/ It's not really my own blog, but I write for it, so meh. *PLUG OVER*

I hope you enjoy looking around here. I am!

Hell yeah I'm definitely up for any games I can get atm... I live in south B'ham, Acocks Green to be precise. I have an 8' by 4' board. All gamers welcome!!! Having an Infinity day on Bank Holiday Monday, might do a write up on that... but only if I win the games. lol.

Cool! When I pick up my Pandora box, I'll try to arrange something.

I'm technically in South Staffordshire, but I can make the journey no problem.

Awesomesauce quite a few of the gamers I play with live in Walsall which is probably easier and luckily they too all have gaming rooms... its a regular geek fest round here!! Follwed the link and realised I'd read the Blog before, its good!!! Plus if you're desperate to play games I have a shed load of gangs and my mates do too so I'm sure we could loan you one or two for a few games.

Plus if you're desperate to play games I have a shed load of gangs and my mates do too so I'm sure we could loan you one or two for a few games.
True, but I've always preferred using my own miniatures (less risk from breakage :P), and I'm not quite that desperate yet.

If you want, we could meet at the UK Games Expo on Sunday after next? I'm going anyway for the Malifaux demo games I've been told about.

Hi Tarragon and SirAngry. Hope to see you at UK Games Expo.

Still (unofficially) places available for the tournament on Saturday, and there will be demos on the Sunday (red zone).

Bring along your own figures and get in agame against whoever turns up. Should be some spare room alongside the tourney on Saturday (Lodge Room 4) or there's an offical Open Play area with some Henchmen in attendance on the Sunday in the Purple Zone.

Anyway - pop by and say "Hi". Bring some friends.

As Clousseau mentioned, pop along to the Games Expo next weekend in Birmingham. Will be opportunity to play games on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday (I myself am around from the Friday mid afternoon for the whole weekend and more than happy to play some games eitherside of the tournament)

And welcome!