Ordering to the UK

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone has ordered from the Wyrd online store to the UK and if so, how it went? I've order from a website here but one of the items I wanted is out of stock, and they seem to be dragging their heals a bit about getting my order to me!

Thanks

Good to hear, if the site I ordered from doesn't come through I will cancel and order direct, it doesn't work out much more expensive.

I've used Darksphere a lot in the past. Since they opened their retail store they seem to have become a lot more unreliable, and have trouble handling paypal payments. Luckily I have a friend who goes to London regularly and they are right near Waterloo!

Not ordered from Darksphere, but I was pleased with the quality of their store. Personally I have found http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/ and http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/ to be reliable and fast with turn around. Firestorm was the last place I used, picking up some odd bits and a Battlefoam bag. Rob gave me a call personally to ask me what colour bag I wanted, as only one was on the site, and told me he would split my order if the Mechanical Doves I had on order did not arrive the following day. Two days later I had my Bag and Doves (plus Corophee's and some other bits.)

I'm another that recommends Maelstrom. I have also used Park Sphere and Wayland many times, DS I found better for single GW items as they tend to have a greater discount and a very fast turn around, but on multiple items you are going to get a better deal through Maelstrom (DS shipping rates can go through the roof on multiple items), though they are a little slower (I generally receive my orders in roughly 4 or 5 working days). As for Wayland, I've had problems with them the last couple of times I've ordered with them claiming items are in stock when they aren't, or worse yet taking over a month to send me items that were in stock with them. Their service has gone down considerably over time.

When GenCon comes around I'll order from Wyrd, but so long as I get good service here in the UK from local companies I'll do most of my shopping here.

I've often placed orders with them, and recieved it within 2-3 days, and that's on free postage. If you email them with any specfic instructions too, they're more than happy to oblige. I left a hoody at maelstrom one time, and live on the other side of the country, bought a few minis, and they were more than happy to package the hoody in with the minis at no extra cost...

I have purchased from Firestorm a couple of times and they have provided an exceptional service. Wayland aren't far behind, good customer service and excellent stock levels for Malifaux.

Maelstrom are on the other end of the spectrum. Problems more times than not, often very slow to dispatch orders and poor (sometimes untrue) excuses for their poor service. On the other hand they are often the cheapest, so I guess you get what you pay for. Sadly I am forced to deal with Maelstrom as they are the only UK stockist for Smog, however given the choice would pay a litle extra and go elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

I sell Malifaux also.

So far the site in my sig is a bit limited, just 'cause locally the demand isn't there... yet! I do intend to remedy this.

In the meantime I'd do stuff to order. I've done this with Infinity; folk write up an army list or come up with a shopping list and I work out the best deal I can do, and if they like the deal I get the goods in.

My friend is a huge Maelstrom Games fan and has brought nearly all his stuff from there.

I buy all my stuff from Rob at Firestorm, and the rest of my friends around me now do as well, none of us have a bad thing to say about the service we have had. He also has an awesome shop and play space so if your ever in south Wales go and have a look(they close mondays).

If you want to order from Wayland, do it through their Ebay store. Same company, same staff, same location, but VERY different standard in service and speed. Their website isn't always up to date so rely on their Ebay for proper stock levels, but order more than 1 think at a time to avoid steep shipping rates. I tend to order about 4 or 5 things at once unless Maelstrom also have them in stock, in which case I'll order from them instead.

As a experiment I ordered off the Wayland Ebay the same day a friend of mine ordered the same item off their website. I got my order in 3 days, he got his 3 to 4 weeks later with most of the time his order either being processed or "awaiting stock" whilst they had them there the entire time.