Footman's Rasputina

G. Footman

so finally took pics of my Rasputina crew, first time in years I've painted things to be bright, with white undercoats. the bases are just snow flock, I'm not too thrilled with them though, so might redo with some fallen sticks and pebbles like other bases I've seen. also my first time using a lightbox

DSCN5242.jpg

DSCN5245.jpg

DSCN5244.jpg

I didnt like the Ice Golem, so converted it to be more hunched over, and a little more bulky:

DSCN5238.jpg

DSCN5239.jpg

DSCN5240.jpg

DSCN5247.jpg

Acolyte, converted from an old Mageknight mini, I need to finish painting it:

DSCN5252.jpg

and a group shot:

DSCN5256.jpg

Nice work overall. The golem change is pretty sweet. As noted before, the finger prints can be removed (assuming this is green stuff or something similar) by wetting your fingers, and then gently run your fingers over the surface to smooth them out. Probably not much you can do about it now that it's cured though. Still, it's definitely a cool mod.

I also like the snowman on Raspy's base. ;)

nice, what finger prints?, cant you see he was molded by december himself!

lol, nice

if you want you could always take very fine sand paper, though it will ruin the paint...but nice conversion.

I'm so frustrated right now with my Gamin's...don't know if they're poorly cast or my eye site is gone. I found the same problem with my snow effect here is a tutorial that helped some. http://fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2010/01/details-8-ways-to-base-with-snow.html

I might try sandpaper and repaint, I hadn't noticed the fingerprints until after I started painting sadly.

I might try the PVA+ snow flock for the bases idea in the tutorial, it looks more like the look I wanted originally, more fluffy and piled on

my next plan once the converted acolyte is complete is make some ice pillars, I have some ideas for making ones that look like actual pillars , just made from ice, or large snomen, have to decide.

Edited by G. Footman

Very nice. 1 note, if you paint just the bottom lip, for lipstick or whatever, you won't get the Angelina huge lip syndrome. I think that will help with the "too blue" Manicmac was talking about.

And the Giant Snowman Ice Pillar idea sounds awesome.

Edited by CrimsonWraith