how about Malifaux - a computer game?

redcore

I would probably kill for a turn-based DS version of Malifaux.

But also, when I kick around ideas for a Malifaux game in my head, I really like the concept of an online tactical co-op where players take on the role of one of the Ortegas, and raid neverborn settlements.

Why just settle for one faction and a sub-faction, why not choose one of the roles from each of the sub factions from every faction

I would probably kill for a turn-based DS version of Malifaux.

But also, when I kick around ideas for a Malifaux game in my head, I really like the concept of an online tactical co-op where players take on the role of one of the Ortegas, and raid neverborn settlements.

And then you can play as Neverborn and raid the Human Settlements =D

*grumbles about humans and them always hunting the poor Nephilim*

Why just settle for one faction and a sub-faction, why not choose one of the roles from each of the sub factions from every faction

Because those guys get different games invented for them in mah brains.

What I'm essentially thinking of is a more empowered version of Left4Dead, with distinct difference in the chooseable characters. Its really more focused around co-op, and uses a distinct Family power shared by all players.

And then you can play as Neverborn and raid the Human Settlements =D

*grumbles about humans and them always hunting the poor Nephilim*

You bet your butt there would be that. Co-op versus!

Because those guys get different games invented for them in mah brains.

What I'm essentially thinking of is a more empowered version of Left4Dead, with distinct difference in the chooseable characters. Its really more focused around co-op, and uses a distinct Family power shared by all players.

You bet your butt there would be that. Co-op versus!

If you guild, I would like to have it include death Marshels, witchling stalker, an Ortega, guild guard and some sort of hunter

For the Neverborn I imagine it to be terror tot (that can grow and mature,) a woe of some sort, a nightmare and bayou creature

If you guild, I would like to have it include death Marshels, witchling stalker, an Ortega, guild guard and some sort of hunter

For the Neverborn I imagine it to be terror tot (that can grow and mature,) a woe of some sort, a nightmare and bayou creature

Actually, yeah on the Death Marshal, but I also want to invent some new Ortegas wholecloth.

Also, secret unlockable character? Killjoy.

Levels are divided into different NB races.

Gremlins in the lower levels, then Woes, then Nightmares, then Nephilim.

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

Neverborn types fight very difernty

Nephilim : melee

Woe : Wp

Gemlins : ranged

Nightmares : a bit of everything

In Malifaux, yes. In a computer game, you can take some liberties. Maybe even fold Woes and Nightmares together, since they both kinda cover the same "feeds on emotion" shtick. Bayou Monsters could be the fourth faction instead. A whole level full of Silurids and Raptors, and a lurking, unkillable Bad Juju.

Take a Western approach to RPGs like Fallout or Dragon Age. You would take the role of a man/woman who just entered Malifaux and each faction will make approaches to you, leading to you working for some and fighting others.

As long as there isn't a good/evil bar, I really hate that and it doesn't suit Malifaux. It would be see a four point marker showing how you rate with Arcanist to guild and then Neverborn to Resurrectionist. Sort of like a square with each side representing each of the faction, so as you rep incresses with the guild it goes down with the Arcanist, same with the guild and Neatherborn

• 2 weeks later...