Necropunks

(TV)

Hey, I've been reading along and searching through the forums and finding rather mixed things about necropunks. I run mainly Leveticus but also planning on McM and eventually Molly. I like some of the things I hear about nurse+ necropunk combos. Anyway, I'd love to discuss how experienced players see them, especially in light of the masters I mentioned.

Regards,

TV

Not a Mc player but from Levi I find them to be decent. I don't often take them but they are great for missions where you need to grab stuff quick. High movement and cheep with out being insignificant makes for a nice combo. I can tell you they work a ton better with a nurse and being as levi cant take nurse models you will get better results in a Mc crew.

I like them, I mostly use them as a Killjoy delivery system.

Using them effeciently relies on some decent masks though, but most of the time I don't rely on my hand.

I love using them against a range-y based crew if the strategy is something like destroy or plant evidence because I can run them right to it and when they shoot them to kill them, they can slow to die and nab the objective.

A great combo in treasure hunt: run 2 necropunks ( and try to leap of coarse ) up to the treasure. One picks up the treasure. Now if your opponent succeeds in killing that necropunk, you use the slow to die action to pass on the treasure to the other necropunk... who then runs away after that with the treasure.

yeah thats true but thier insignificant so no treasures for them. but slowing people can be good in itself and with hard to kill be really anoying to get off people. plus they tie up shooters and casters really fast to let your hammers like levi/deso engine or Mcm/flesh construct get there without too much chaff.

yeah thats true but thier insignificant so no treasures for them. but slowing people can be good in itself and with hard to kill be really anoying to get off people. plus they tie up shooters and casters really fast to let your hammers like levi/deso engine or Mcm/flesh construct get there without too much chaff.

Necropunks aren't insignificant.

The only problem I see is getting leap off frequently.

Yeah the necros aren't insignificant (but i assume dakrulz55 is referring to the SPA anyway who are).

I find them very handy for their mobility and slightly higher resistance when compared to dogs. I've been replacing dogs with them when I need some speed to handle objectives for McM. They are also quite good when leaping over to a soft target and flurrying but this is often card intensive and they have a low dmg spread.

• 2 weeks later...

Leap is just one of those things that you need to have a mask in your hand and then you can get it off, or hope you at least pop a bad card on the cast.

For something fun with levi and them you could always cast blessings of desolation for some auto-rot shenanagins XD

Edited by MadArcanist

I have only used them a couple times, but I liked them a lot. They worked decent for Destroy the Evidence, and great for Reconniter.

I think with McM they would work well in both these strategies, as well as schemes like Stake a Claim and Breakthrough. I haven't tried them yet with McM, but using them to run around while your main force holds a different location can work pretty well, I think.