Malifaux Races: Masters edition.

I'm in between thoughts on something else I'm working on, so here's some potential distances Masters can cover in 6 rounds if they do only movement actions, except charges.

Colette Du Bois w/ a Coryphee & Cassandra: 288" (Could cross the distance of the board 8 times)

C. Hoffman & Peacekeeper: 180" (Could cross the distance of the board 5 times)

Dr. Douglas McMourning w/ a target 6" away: 126" (Could cross the distance of the board 3.5 times)

Zoraida: 120" (Could cross the distance of the board 3.3 times)

Perdita & Lilith: 108" (Could cross the distance of the board 3 times)

Marcus: 96" (Could cover the distance of the board 2.6 times)

Nicodem w/ Mortimer, So'mer Teeth Jones: 90" (Could cross the distance of the board 2.5 times)

Kirai w/ a Night Terror: 76" (Could cross the distance of the board 2.1 times)

Seamus, Ramos w/a Brass Arachnid, The Viktorias: 72" (Could cross the distance of the board 2 times)

Lady Justice: 60" (Could cross the distance of the board 1.6 times)

Sonnia Criid: 48" (Could cross the distance of the board 1.3 times)

C. Hoffman, Nicodem, Pandora, Ramos, Rasputina: 36" (Could cross the distance of the board 1 time)

The Dreamer: 84" (Could cross the distance of the board 2.3 times)

I'm probably missing some tricks to make them go faster. I've made peace with that. Leveticus and Hamelin are missing because I'm not sure how to best calculate their travel abilities, or I'm lazy. You pick.

Edited by Jonas Albrecht

Dreamer plus 2 daydreams is quite a bit higher than this.

Day dream #1 walks 6 inches, magical extensions "Frightening Dream" places LCB 6" forward (12), "Calm Nightmares" to put Dreamer back out, I can fly and walks 7" (19), "Frightening Dream" with trigger to put LCB + Daydream #2 out 6" forward (25), LCB activates companion daydream and walks 3" forward (28), Daydream flys 6 inches forward and "lure nightmare" chompy into b2b (31), daydream "Calm Nightmare" to put Dreamer back out.

Do this 6 turns and his total movement is somewhere like 186 inches in a game.

*psuedo-nija by Angor

The Dreamer's board position is only limited by where his Daydreams are. Even after he's activated, it just takes a Daydream to magical extension "Frightening Dream", place LCB within 6" somewhere and then "Calm Nightmares" to put Dreamer back out.

With up to 3 Daydreams you can get to bounce around the board to most places pretty easily.

Well, with Levi you could do Necromantic Sacrifice for 3", then his (0) for 3 more Wds, and a Casting Expert to do 2-3 Wds, which would allow him to die every turn. If the Waifs move on their own turn as well, assuming you summon a 2nd Waif on the first turn....

Turn 1: Two walk actions (6") + Necromantic Sacrifice (3") + summoned waif (6"), Levi dies, respawns (1"), summon Waifs (right next to each other) (6"), end.

Turn 2: Waif 1 attacks Waif 2, uses both attacks if necessary, and cheats in at least Moderate damage. Levi Walks twice (6") + free walk (3"), use Casting Expert to kill damaged Waif and summon a new one (6"), Levi dies, respawns (1"), summon Waifs (right next to each other again) (6").

Repeat for other turns.

If I did that right, and if I added right....132"

Hoffman with a Mechanical Rider can actually get further than the Peacekeeper: 192"

Turns 1-2: Mechanical Rider w/ Nimble goes 18" twice

Turns 3-4: Mechanical Rider power cycles back to Nimble, repeats.

Turns 5-6: Mechanical Rider moves 12" twice

(18" x 8 activations) + (12" x 4 activations) = 192"

Edited by Thalaric

You can also potentially transpose Lillith 12" 3 times per turn.

Zoraida/Doppleganger could potentially add some distance from repulse (and don't forget her extra 4" at the end of the game ! :D )

Pandora with perfect positioning is also still pretty fast (theoretically enemy models x 4" + 3 x 4" per turn)

Pandora with a Poltergeist casting dementia on her every turn could move 84 inches just from 2x walk actions and without her casting expert and (0) actions (if you count the free pushes from (0) actions and her casting expert she could be the fastest master in the game)

Also don't forget Zoraida gets a free 4" push at the end of the game taking her to 124 inches

Edited by magicpockets

Kirai can move 144" with 3 night terrors. NT 1 activates, double moves and uses (0) Flock Together to push the other one in B2B with it. NT 2 activates and double moves forward 12 more inches, pulling both of the others along with it. Kirai activates, turns herself into a spirit then switches with 2 of them (one 12" up, the other a total of 24" from the start). NT 3 is there to begin the whole process over. So Kirai moves 24" per turn for 6 turns, for 144 inches.