Off Topic Playground

Yup. And if you don't do the extra hours, you can't get the blasted work done fast enough to publish papers! So it's not even that we're all just sad gits with no life outside work!

But at least there's now a coffee break. Although I've just been told that playing classic rock in the lab is not entirely appropriate.

I get the impression they were more annoyed by the bad singing though...

Sword collection, eh? Anything interesting? Sadly, mine only consists of a couple Made in China blades...they're pretty, but that's about it.

And yeah, the Kickstarter program did ridiculously well. Looking forward to seeing script writers start doing that kind of thing to get initial funding, maybe we'll see some decent movies again

Sadly, you're probably right. But I can dream of a day where fans bid in hugely to fund a movie that doesn't exist yet through Kickstarter and the studios are left with no choice but to leave it alone! It may happen...

Anyway, I've got to pack up. Time for me to get going from here.

Sword collection, eh? Anything interesting? Sadly, mine only consists of a couple Made in China blades...they're pretty, but that's about it.

Nothing major... I do have the Witch Kings from LOTR and a friend kindly sniped me on getting Blade's sword but you can see the collection in the photos here from before I moved.

http://www.lordshaper.com/2010/03/15/comic-rooms/

I used to need a room like that, but since I streamlined my whole collections....probably not.

Though I suppose the whole collection of 2000ads and Megazines takes up a fair whack of space...

I have the built in wardrobe in the spare room with 25 comic boxes and I need at least another 5 more...

I need a room like that.

That was at the old house... where we are now unfortunately it's been added to our bedroom but the next one I want to have it set up again!

Yeah, all of my comics are boxed and in the loft at the moment...many more and the ceiling will give way!

May have to look into hiring storage somewhere soon..or buying a big house!

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Lunchtime!

*runs off to raid the sandwich trolley*

Shaper, that's a great collection! You should see some of the stuff I've collected over the years, like a wall dedicated to Bleeding Edge Goths paraphernalia lol (if I could just find the school girl version of Storm I'd have all the larger dolls!). Sadly most of it will be packed away and moved into storage soon as I need more space for shelves, that way I can finally stop having piles of books all over the floor.

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Hmmm... Space Marine for £9.49 on Amazon... to buy or not to buy...

Fantastic lunch break. The post arrived and Abs' goodies were in it. That's nicely restocked my neverborn collection for the painting thread.

I aim to please! Glad the postal service was so swift..they must be short of work!

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Hmmm... Space Marine for £9.49 on Amazon... to buy or not to buy...

The game? buy, then kick regnaks ass..he keeps going on and on and on and on about how good he is!

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Yo Edonil, stop lurking...join the party! ;)