Off Topic Playground

Shadowrun is one of those games where I've always been intrigued by the concept but not sure if I want to actually play it, lol. I love scifi like that, and reading about Shadowrun inspired some story writing, but the mix of fantasy elements into it seemed weird.

Shadowrun is one of those games where I've always been intrigued by the concept but not sure if I want to actually play it, lol. I love scifi like that, and reading about Shadowrun inspired some story writing, but the mix of fantasy elements into it seemed weird.

It's actually pretty cool. I always wonder why that genre mix isn't more prevalent. Playing a cybered up troll who is more hardy than his bullet proof van is kinda fun.

The rule set is a lot less cool in my opinion. Very restrictive, very detailed, way too much going on. But alas, as long as I get to play, I'm happy.

Morning (again)

Just checked my gencon tracking and it is in the UK somewhere!  The last notification was 16th August saying it had departed London en route to the destination.  I await it soon.  And without customs duty please.

Be prepared for the 100 pound custom hit :P

I think because it's hard to do well..

Sometimes you don't ask what to play. You just play :)

Hmm, this Christmas Pickle thing seems to be one of American's Original Traditions

Like the fortune cookie, that definitely doesn't originate in China.

While researching the pickle, I discovered this lengthy list about Germans:

http://www.livhambrett.com/everything-i-know-about-germany-germans/what-i-know-about-germans/

It is quite accurate.

• Like 1