Off Topic Playground

Guten morgen kerl handlanger . Wie sind wir alle heute?

That's about the extent of my German. I suspect it's riddled with mistakes. :D

Morning, MD. How are you?

The German wasn't all bad. It's understandable and the mistakes are few, but it's not something anyone would say. It's pretty obviously a translation from English.

Vielen Danke, ich versuche, mein Deutsch fur* meinen Besuch im August zu verbessern. 

*assume the umlaut is here

Very good! It's "Vielen Dank" in this case, but the rest was excellent.

Guten morgen kerl handlanger . Wie sind wir alle heute?

That's about the extent of my German. I suspect it's riddled with mistakes. :D

That's an interesting phrase to know, one of my friends only sentence in German is

"Hallo, heir ist meiner Katze. Sein Name ist "Ingwer Elch." I have no idea why he decided to learn that (Hello this is my cat, His name is Ginger Moose)

I'm good thanks Dirial, considering the total lack of sleep I've been having recently.

Yeah I've forgotten a lot of the German I learnt at school. It was a good 10 years ago since I've had to use it in any practical way. Still I got the message across so that's a win for me! :D

I can greet people, ask the way to the station, and order beer in several different languages. I feel good :D

That is all you really need, I just enjoy the German language. It is very logical and makes a lot more sense then English does Grammatically

That is all you really need, I just enjoy the German language. It is very logical and makes a lot more sense then English does Grammatically

Not so sure about that. At least you know the pronunciation when seeing a word.

My wife wanted me to tell you that taking a shit is not per se legal. But if you have diarrhoea and are far from a rest stop, it's acceptable. Just so that no one of you does stupid things.

Also, the fine for parking without a good reason is usually around 70 Euro.

Morning!

Sorry, you won't get any German from me...never even tried it!

I can do French (to a certain level anyway)....That level being the basics!

I cannot even begin to imagine what French with your accent would sound like!

My wife wanted me to tell you that taking a shit is not per se legal. But if you have diarrhoea and are far from a rest stop, it's acceptable. Just so that no one of you does stupid things.

Also, the fine for parking without a good reason is usually around 70 Euro.

Useful information