Off Topic Playground

2 Torakage, 3 Tengu, Shadow Effigy, Izamu, 2 Komainu

Upgrades: Vapormancy, On Wings of Wind

Rationale: Tengu drop Schemes where necessary, Torakage and Mei are your mobile assaults, Izamu and the Komainu lock down part of the board. 

Thank you, that is a fair amount of unreleased plastic

Not a big fan, TBH. Then again, I never play an opponent who takes Constructs, so they're just slow moving targets to be pinged off 1 Wd at a time. I prefer models I take to actually do stuff ;)

Dunno, 4ss cheap minion that can protect a big guy early and score protect territory points later. (or just be a big disctration while other models do important stuff) 

Not a big fan, TBH. Then again, I never play an opponent who takes Constructs, so they're just slow moving targets to be pinged off 1 Wd at a time. I prefer models I take to actually do stuff ;)

Not a big fan of Metal Gamin....

tsk, tsk.

Either would be just as effective, as the Komainu go with Ancestor models. I just don't own Toshiro (or Yin, or Grandpa)

I'm liking Toshiro a lot at the moment as I seem to take a lot of Minions, so get a decent return on Daimyo ability

Plus the Mrs hasn't noticed that he has been removed from her side of the model pool

• Like 1

The looks on people's faces when you take Masters who are known for filthy tricks and then they see you aren't taking any filthy tricks. 

Are we talking about the Viktoria-of-Blood-Delivers-a-Message-Slingshot again?

so, as I asked earlier..I am new to looking at the Thunders and will be taking Misaki and Shenlong as my masters in that faction.

I am trying to avoid ancestors etc as much as possible to just keep in a more 'human' theme..

But the Komainu interest me...just want to know if there are any decent synergies with either master or am I best off giving them a miss?

so, as I asked earlier..I am new to looking at the Thunders and will be taking Misaki and Shenlong as my masters in that faction.

I am trying to avoid ancestors etc as much as possible to just keep in a more 'human' theme..

But the Komainu interest me...just want to know if there are any decent synergies with either master or am I best off giving them a miss?

Not sure about synergies. (I mean, does Misaki have synergies?) But they are pretty reasonable on their own.

Also, if you like them, why not run them?

ok, food for thought..

cheers both!

I will likely get them even if its just as a break up of painting cloth for the thunders faction!  Of course, that is reliant on me actually painting something.

Pay someone else to do it?