Off Topic Playground

I was extremely lucky in that the grant system was still in place when i went to university. And because my older brother was still at uni too o got my tuition and lodgings etc virtually paid for. I had to get a loan for £800 to cover final rent but that was it

Now it will cripple you.

Plus i worked through uni too so was actually quite well off. I consider myself lucky

I did an online program for two and a half years and it was still 15 grand in loans. No community colleges anywhere nearby so that wasn't an option. Not that it mattered, after two panic attacks when I'd never had any before from doing 2.5 years of four classes a semester and 40 hours of work every week, I was well sick of it. Still have all those loans to pay off though, which is so much fun...

I did an online program for two and a half years and it was still 15 grand in loans. No community colleges anywhere nearby so that wasn't an option. Not that it mattered, after two panic attacks when I'd never had any before from doing 2.5 years of four classes a semester and 40 hours of work every week, I was well sick of it. Still have all those loans to pay off though, which is so much fun...

In 2006, I was on the street twice a week to fight the reintroduction of university fees and student loans. We succeeded. Education should be free. Period.

Could be better, could be worse. Thanks for asking :)

You're welcome.

So, the guy I demoed last week has bought and built a crew, and started painting them. Sadly I'm away for the weekend, or I'd be in for some games, I gather.

Yay for successful recruiting! \o/

And yeah. American education system is dumb. Where I really got fed up was my Book of John class (theology major). $12 textbook. The class cost somewhere between 900-1100 total (can't remember exactly). For that absurd amount of money, my lectures consisted of a five minute video telling me what I would be reading in that $12 textbook and then the rest of my time was writing papers and doing multiple choice quizzes. I was paying close to a grand to be tested, not taught. Man it pissed me off. Still does.

And yeah. American education system is dumb. Where I really got fed up was my Book of John class (theology major). $12 textbook. The class cost somewhere between 900-1100 total (can't remember exactly). For that absurd amount of money, my lectures consisted of a five minute video telling me what I would be reading in that $12 textbook and then the rest of my time was writing papers and doing multiple choice quizzes. I was paying close to a grand to be tested, not taught. Man it pissed me off. Still does.

And rightly so. That's just stupid. And to think I constantly complain about our education.

Play some mtg this evening, and that is it. 

Sounds not too shabby.

Oh, what are your plans for the weekend then?

Celebrating my friends doctor thesis tonight. Tomorrow, I'm off to southern Germany again. Friend of mine reached her 30th year and her daughter her first. Nice weekend among friends.

[finland comic]

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!