Off Topic Playground

Sarcasm Aaron...its not all threads..just the ones that cover the 'contentious' issues..

This thread is the epitome of good posting..

It's amusing but this is true. This thread does a good job of (more or less) policing itself and allowing (mostly) civil discussion about contentious issues.

Plus dick jokes. Lots of dick jokes.

I have to say in all the years of being in here, we have touched on the 'sensitive' issues many times yet although it sometimes gets to the point of going over the top or too far, there is always a voice of reason to leash us back.  One day it will be Dirial, another PD etc etc.

I don't know whether that says something about the characters in this thread or not, but I will say all of you guys are great!

*mansobs*

• Like 2

I have to say in all the years of being in here, we have touched on the 'sensitive' issues many times yet although it sometimes gets to the point of going over the top or too far, there is always a voice of reason to leash us back.  One day it will be Dirial, another PD etc etc.

I don't know whether that says something about the characters in this thread or not, but I will say all of you guys are great!

*mansobs*

I can be a voice of reason???

Probably because we all know each other before this topics come up. It isn't arguing with random user five, it's talking to my friend Abs, or Dirial, or etc. The atmosphere of this thread since I joined in so many years ago has always felt like me and my friends sitting at a coffee shop or out to dinner somewhere. Sure the conversations can get heated, but none of us want to lose a relationship over scoring a meaningless "point". And that keeps this place healthy, which is why I always come back here lol.

• Like 2