Off Topic Playground

This... sounds exactly like the kind of game my friends and I would play. Damnit... 

*sells blood for cash*

Out of Kidneys? :P

That's the beauty. It's been the same models since the 90s. Maybe a new variant mark comes out, but otherwise Fantasy Flight just repackaged and remade the minis exactly as they are. Plus an "army" is 4 models. 12 mechs means I have several dozen combinations for that. Total investment $100

That does change things.

• Like 1

This... sounds exactly like the kind of game my friends and I would play.  

*sells blood for cash*

As a guy, there are certain donations one can make that pay decently and are less painful than selling plasma. Just throwing that out there.

My only problem with Battletech is balancing things out. I played a game where I used a newer design, the Hatchetman, because I love them in the books. Well thanks to the point system they had when I last looked, my 45 ton Hatchetman from the 3055 era was worth more points than a 65 ton Jaegermech that came from the 3025 era. Only the Jaegermech outgunned, outranged and was harder to kill than my Hatchetman. It was what killed my interest, when I realized that there was really no way to balance things out right. Which is sad because I love the setting, I own 3/4ths of the novels...

Just a quick one guys. I've just had my ass handed too me for spending too much time on the forums at work. Last week alone I clocked up 13 Hours. Turns out my sneaky boss had a new router installed that tracks websites used etc. If my usage goes higher than 2.5 hours a week (aka lunch breaks) then he's going to block this site from work computers. So... sadly I wont be able to come on as much as before. I could use my phone but it's a pain in the ass and if he catches me on there I'll get another ass kicking :(

oh good lord that was a while ago. I think I had two mediums, a light and a heavy, from the 3055 era. He had three heavies and a medium from 3025. It went about as well as you'd expect, but according to the points it was balanced.

Just a quick one guys. I've just had my ass handed too me for spending too much time on the forums at work. Last week alone I clocked up 13 Hours. Turns out my sneaky boss had a new router installed that tracks websites used etc. If my usage goes higher than 2.5 hours a week (aka lunch breaks) then he's going to block this site from work computers. So... sadly I wont be able to come on as much as before. I could use my phone but it's a pain in the ass and if he catches me on there I'll get another ass kicking :(

Boo

You will be missed Comrade :(

And on the topic of Age of Sigmar, I went to the LGS who have sold out of the latest WD (75) which sucks on two scales..one in that I have every issue from the relaunch to date apart from 75 now. (sold out everywhere and I am blowed if I am paying upwards of £15-£20 for it on ebay). 

And two, because I was hoping to read about the game, etc..get a glimpse of the minis etc..

My LGS do not seem keen on supporting it either (they stock GW).  He has apparently only ordered 2 copies of the box and doesn't plan on pushing it.  Fair enough, kits his shop but I was interested in seeing what it was all about.

Kind of thinking Meh, can't be bothered now.  I will stick to 8th edition.

Don't suppose any of you guys have a copy of WD 75 lying around you have read and will pass on for a reasonable price.  I don't even want the mini on the front, it would just be nice to keep my collection complete (I am anal like that)