Off Topic Playground

I loved that one, lol. Granted, won't do anything about gun legislation, but it's true. People buy guns because they want them, whatever the underlying reason.

I have to agree with you here, I lived for a little bit in South Africa and did buy a gun (legally) to be used in self defence thankfully I never had to use it and even now do not know if I ever could. But the fact that it was there if needed was a great amount of relief

I have to agree with you here, I lived for a little bit in South Africa and did buy a gun (legally) to be used in self defence thankfully I never had to use it and even now do not know if I ever could. But the fact that it was there if needed was a great amount of relief

...which by itself makes me uncomfortable.

The fact that you a. could buy a gun, and b. felt that you needed it.

Fair enough, I felt and still do feel that the environment that I was in at the time it was needed for the protection of myself my at the time Fiancée and her family with everything that was happening in that place at the time. However where I now live I definitely do not want or need one, it's like people who keep a baseball bat under their bed, I don't understand the logic in that when a Cricket Bat can and would do the job better

Fair enough, I felt and still do feel that the environment that I was in at the time it was needed for the protection of myself my at the time Fiancée and her family with everything that was happening in that place at the time. However where I now live I definitely do not want or need one, it's like people who keep a baseball bat under their bed, I don't understand the logic in that when a Cricket Bat can and would do the job better

Oh, I don't say you were unjustified. It just makes me uncomfortable. I like the thought that I don't have a gun, and no one else does either.

Oh, I don't say you were unjustified. It just makes me uncomfortable. I like the thought that I don't have a gun, and no one else does either.

That is why I love living where I do now, the fact that I do not need that level of personal protection. Also the fact that going through the channels there to legally obtain a fire arm was so so strict was reassuring and not at the same time.

Morning!

I find it very amusing that when you guys are asking for a Brit, my name wasn't mentioned!

I am taking it that obviously you meant because I am Welsh, I am in someway superior to the rest of Britain? ;)

And I shouldn't have gone into the soapbox thread...I am now starting to think differently about Ferossa.  At first I was horrified about her story, yet still puzzled as to why it seemed to be only her and no-one else had similar stories.  Now I see she has pretty much blown a hole in her 'argument' by having a dig back.

Now it may just be out of frustration, and I can understand to an extent, but stooping to that level has pretty much set her argument back.

That thread just simmers along, I keep waiting for the boiling point...

Morning!

I find it very amusing that when you guys are asking for a Brit, my name wasn't mentioned!

I am taking it that obviously you meant because I am Welsh, I am in someway superior to the rest of Britain? ;)

And I shouldn't have gone into the soapbox thread...I am now starting to think differently about Ferossa.  At first I was horrified about her story, yet still puzzled as to why it seemed to be only her and no-one else had similar stories.  Now I see she has pretty much blown a hole in her 'argument' by having a dig back.

Now it may just be out of frustration, and I can understand to an extent, but stooping to that level has pretty much set her argument back.

we will think of you when we need the translation of Sheepinese. ;)

Morning!

Someone needs to explain to me where this Britain is to be honest, I have no knowledge of this place