Off Topic Playground

I really don't get the joke about the French surrendering, but be that as it may...

That's surprising coming from a German. You guys managed to get the French to surrender within 6 weeks not once but twice!! The Von Schlieffen Plan during WW1 and then again using Blitzkrieg during WW2. 

As for the British, we were kicking the crap out of the French for centuries before you guys considered it. Yeah sometimes we fought a little dirty and introduced the Longbow to their Knights ranks but you know what? It worked and they surrendered time and time again. Then there's Waterloo where the French went running to the hills when a British led army spanked ol' Napoleon. We have a pretty good track record against the French and their surrendering ways :D

Morning all.

Morning, zFiend!

Kwak? Like the sound ducks make? :huh:

Yep. It's a dark beer and comes in the most awesome glass ever.

That's surprising coming from a German. You guys managed to get the French to surrender within 6 weeks not once but twice!! The Von Schlieffen Plan during WW1 and then again using Blitzkrieg during WW2. 

As for the British, we were kicking the crap out of the French for centuries before you guys considered it. Yeah sometimes we fought a little dirty and introduced the Longbow to their Knights ranks but you know what? It worked and they surrendered time and time again. Then there's Waterloo where the French went running to the hills when a British led army spanked ol' Napoleon. We have a pretty good track record against the French and their surrendering ways :D

Yeah, we managed that twice, although the Schliefen plan in WW1 failed miserably. They also kicked the crap out of us in the 30 years war and conquered the whole of Europe under Napoleon (the track record against Europe isn't as good for the British). They also fought off the whole of Europe during the French Revolution without a functioning government. Not to speak of helping the Americans shaking off the British rule...

As for Waterloo and Agincourt: Reports about the latter seem to have been blown vastly out of proportion by British historians, while Waterloo was a military failure by one of the greatest tacticians Europe ever had... he underestimated the Prussian tenacity, and Wellington's acumen. I see no immediate surrender there.

I really don't get the joke. Practically, they surrendered once to their detriment, during WW2, and they would have stood no chance at survival if they hadn't. I suspect the British would have fared no better if they didn't have the Channel.

You Brits are cheating with yer Isles :D Thats some unfair advantage there. (Strategy games have thaught me that!)

Were Yoga Pants involved? Or perhaps the lady in your life? ;)

Both actually. :P 

And it went great for starters yesterday and it's been going great so far.. But now, it's just in a general state of weird as hell. 

I suspect the British would have fared no better if they didn't have the Channel.

You Brits are cheating with yer Isles :D Thats some unfair advantage there. (Strategy games have thaught me that!)

It's like our own little buffer. It keeps us nice and safe from all the crazies over on the main continent! :D

Yeah, we managed that twice, although the Schliefen plan in WW1 failed miserably. They also kicked the crap out of us in the 30 years war and conquered the whole of Europe under Napoleon (the track record against Europe isn't as good for the British). They also fought off the whole of Europe during the French Revolution without a functioning government. Not to speak of helping the Americans shaking off the British rule...

Oh yeah, none of our track records are perfect. The British got their asses handed to them a fair bit too but in the grand scheme of things (and this is nothing to be proud of really) the British have the most experience at warmongering than pretty much any other civilization since perhaps the Persians. We once had an Empire that spanned the globe. There's that old saying "The sun never sets on the British Empire" and it was quite literally true. 

Well that doesn't sound too good. Have you applied the usual zFiend shenanigans to this relationship?

Why? What is weird?

No! I didn't do anything this time around! :D 

Well the fact that she still lives with ex-boyfriend is kinda weird. While I do get that it's a tough break to sell a house on this market and time and I can live with that, seriously, fine. But the fact that her ex-boyfriend picked her up from here last night is pretty damn weird. :D 

Oh yeah, none of our track records are perfect. The British got their asses handed to them a fair bit too but in the grand scheme of things (and this is nothing to be proud of really) the British have the most experience at warmongering than pretty much any other civilization since perhaps the Persians. We once had an Empire that spanned the globe. There's that old saying "The sun never sets on the British Empire" and it was quite literally true. 

I'd prop the Mongols and the Romans up there too, but the British are pretty much kings in bringing othe rpeople to starting a war they cannot win.

As to the Empire: It's still true that the sun never settles on it, although it depends on an isolate community of child-molesters.

Well the fact that she still lives with ex-boyfriend is kinda weird. While I do get that it's a tough break to sell a house on this market and time and I can live with that, seriously, fine. But the fact that her ex-boyfriend picked her up from here last night is pretty damn weird. :D

Okay, that is kinda weird. 

No! I didn't do anything this time around! :D

I can appreciate that mate, I went through pretty much exactly the same. When I first got with the Mrs she had recently broken up with her ex and he was still living with her and her mum at the time. He used to come round a pick her up from mine from time to time which really pissed me off. I used to get so damn paranoid that she was playing me for a fool (well that and serious cannabis abuse didn't help either!) that it almost ended us on a number of occasions. In the end he got his shit together and moved back to his parents place and she moved in with me. He was a total prick though, I really didn't like him at all.

• Like 1

I'd prop the Mongols and the Romans up there too, but the British are pretty much kings in bringing othe rpeople to starting a war they cannot win.

As to the Empire: It's still true that the sun never settles on it, although it depends on an isolate community of child-molesters.

Definitely, the Romans and Mongols were just unstoppable in their hayday. The few nations that managed to halt the Romans were the Gauls (at least for a time) and the Scottish. They got so fed up with the Scottish they built a big ass wall to keep them out of the Empire :D

In regards to the British "Empire" I saw this, it made me laugh

1424648178561.jpg

• Like 1

I can appreciate that mate, I went through pretty much exactly the same. When I first got with the Mrs she had recently broken up with her ex and he was still living with her and her mum at the time. He used to come round a pick her up from mine from time to time which really pissed me off. I used to get so damn paranoid that she was playing me for a fool (well that and serious cannabis abuse didn't help either!) that it almost ended us on a number of occasions. In the end he got his shit together and moved back to his parents place and she moved in with me. He was a total prick though, I really didn't like him at all.

Cheers mate. :) 

How the mighty have fallen :D

Seriously that picture made me laugh out loud.  :D

Right?! The American's ruined us after WW1. These days the once Great Britain is a laughing stock. I like to refer to our once proud nation as Great Shitain. The state of our country at the moment is pretty pathetic and with the new Parliament just set up it's not looking great either. 

Cheers mate. :)

Anytime, it's not an ideal situation I know but hopefully it'll all work out. 

• Like 1

My wife broke up with her boyfriend for me (we didn't have anything going before... I'm no cheater). She told him, moved all her stuff out of his flat in 3 days, and went looking for her own apartment.

She always was way more efficient than me....

:D

• Like 1

My wife broke up with her boyfriend for me (we didn't have anything going before... I'm no cheater). She told him, moved all her stuff out of his flat in 3 days, and went looking for her own apartment.

She always was way more efficient than me....

:D

German efficiency +5 :D

• Like 1

My wife broke up with her boyfriend for me (we didn't have anything going before... I'm no cheater). 

We call that "läpsystä vaihto" basically it means that you "tag out" like in wrestling when they make the hand slap and the other guy comes in. :D