Off Topic Playground

We really shouldn't. New England should be its own nation. Same goes for California and Texas. Alaska. Hawaii. Probably carve up the Pacific Northwest into its own nation. Make at least three out of the Midwest. Southwest becomes a giant New Mexico. Then another two nations out of the Eastern Seaboard and Southeast. 

I don't even know why we have a New England and a New Mexico anymore. Pretty arrogant to just add New to the name of the country we took it from, like we improved on it and made it better just by owning it somehow. 

Bloody americans...

What happened to the old Jersey?

Fall apart in the wash?  ;)

Well, the UK does have regional stereotypes, i guess they just aren't as known outside of the UK!

Jordies, Brummies, Southerners, Londoners, Welsh, Scottish, Scousers... etc. The List goes on and on. 

As for Tea, I'm not a fan. I don't drink tea or coffee. 

The worst thing I've heard is that you drink warm beer. Warm beer!

Also that you put mint sauce on everything, but I suspect thats something Scottish rather than english.

Warm Beer?! FUCK THAT! It's cold or not at all. You're probably confusing that with Cider. Certain types of Scrumpy is traditionally drank warm / hot. 

Also Mint Sauce is just for Roast Lamb, we don't usually put it on anything else. 

• Like 1

What happened to the old Jersey?

Fall apart in the wash?  ;)

That annoys me about America, it's like when they named everything they were so braindead they couldn't think up anything new so they just grabbed an atlas and copied everybody elses town names etc. 

That annoys me about America, it's like when they named everything they were so braindead they couldn't think up anything new so they just grabbed an atlas and copied everybody elses town names etc. 

lol, to be fair a lot of the place names were named by the settlers i assume or their immediate descendants..

Can't really blame the Americans for that..

well, we can...i suppose.

Had they gone with their own ideas everything would be called shit like: Bazooka alley, Machine Gun Street, Grenade and Tits Town etc.

• Like 2

It's pretty annoying to see a famillair town name and realize they were talking about the American variant. 

• Like 1

New Mexico. New York. New Jersey. New Hampshire. 

North Carolina. South Carolina.

North Dakota. South Dakota. 

Virginia. West Virginia.

Saddest part, we included directions in their names, most people still couldn't find them on a map here.

That is my point exactly and it even comes down to smallers towns and cities rather than states or major cities. 

We have a major historical City in Britain called Bath which is steeped in Roman Architecture. There is over 10 of them in the USA, I mean come on. That's just lazy! 

Bath, California 

Bath, Illinois

Bath, Indiana

Bath, Maine

Bath, Michigan

Bath, New Hampshire

Bath, New York (town)

Bath, New York (village)

Bath, North Carolina

Bath, Pennsylvania

Bath, South Carolina

Bath, South Dakota

Bath, West Virginia 

Bath County, Kentucky

Bath County, Virginia

Tits town? Thats gotta be where i live!

Seriously the girls and women round here are well stacked....and they aren't necesarily big girls either...

I would love to know what the average bra size for my local area is...

There must be something in the water...

I believe me and CJ are coming for a visit. Make the sofa.

I heard the "Pilgrims" were actually "deported," is that true?

Depends on which history you want!

Most of our overseas settlers were 'people of not so high social standing'!

But i think there may have been some decent folk in there. 

Until they ran short of food the other side....

That is my point exactly and it even comes down to smallers towns and cities rather than states or major cities. 

We have a major historical City in Britain called Bath which is steeped in Roman Architecture. There is over 10 of them in the USA, I mean come on. That's just lazy! 

Bath, California 

Bath, Illinois

Bath, Indiana

Bath, Maine

Bath, Michigan

Bath, New Hampshire

Bath, New York (town)

Bath, New York (village)

Bath, North Carolina

Bath, Pennsylvania

Bath, South Carolina

Bath, South Dakota

Bath, West Virginia 

Bath County, Kentucky

Bath County, Virginia

Baths are obviously better than showers!

Saddest part, we included directions in their names, most people still couldn't find them on a map here.

Here we have a province called "North-Brabant" but no south brabant. (That one is actually in belgium, where it is called Brabant) Most people call it just Brabant though.

Most of our overseas settlers were 'people of not so high social standing'!

This says a lot!

Take Australia for example, they are pretty much all bat shit crazy! Probably down to the fact that 90% of the original inhabitants were our serial killers, rapists and various other forms of hardened criminals. Says something about the gene pool :D