Off Topic Playground

And it's raining again!

Did you know that the average Brit talks just as much time of his life about the weather as he is sitting on the toilet?

A lot of the time the British use weather for small talk or as an ice breaker in awkward situations. It's similar to the stereotype that we actually like waiting in an orderly line at places like the bank etc. It's not like we like it we just do things politely rather than the barbarian like savagery of our continental friends. 

*Imagines Germans clubbing each other to death to get to the front of the line at the post office* :D

• Like 1

A lot of the time the British use weather for small talk or as an ice breaker in awkward situations. It's similar to the stereotype that we actually like waiting in an orderly line at places like the bank etc. It's not like we like it we just do things politely rather than the barbarian like savagery of our continental friends. 

*Imagines Germans clubbing each other to death to get to the front of the line at the post office* :D

Not true. Germans are pretty orderly in that regard too. Except if they want to get on the bus.

Ironically, politics is our awkward small talk.... 

Not true. Germans are pretty orderly in that regard too. Except if they want to get on the bus.

Ironically, politics is our awkward small talk.... 

To be fair you guys have a reputation for being insanely efficient which I learnt recently was bollocks as It took about 5 days longer than stated to get my Colette box over to the UK from Berlin.

Not touching that one! (That's what she said!!)

suck it Abs! :D

To be fair you guys have a reputation for being insanely efficient which I learnt recently was bollocks as It took about 5 days longer than stated to get my Colette box over to the UK from Berlin.

Not touching that one! (That's what she said!!)

suck it Abs! :D

Most likely the delay started when it reached British soil :D

• Like 1

I possess a savage dislike for small talk in public with complete strangers. It's not that I am being impolite, it is that I am either usually doing something more important than talking to you (filling out paperwork, addressing an envelope, etc), or listening to music (both earbuds in, clearly indicating I do not wish to talk). I could go on a rant all morning about small talk, but I think I will use this time to get dressed ;)

Well, you should move here then. Public smalltalk is considered somewhat impolite, as it's a waste of time...

This. The German mail delivers everything in 1 day, unless it's a Sunday.

Sadly, you're right, though. The mail is on strike at the moment, thus everything ususally needs 2-3 days at the moment. Sad times.

Not true, the store I used gave me a tracking number and naturally I was mashing F5 for days and it was in Munich for a fair amount of time before being sent over to Glorious Britannia. Lazy ass Germans *grumble grumble*

I possess a savage dislike for small talk in public with complete strangers. It's not that I am being impolite, it is that I am either usually doing something more important than talking to you (filling out paperwork, addressing an envelope, etc), or listening to music (both earbuds in, clearly indicating I do not wish to talk). I could go on a rant all morning about small talk, but I think I will use this time to get dressed ;)

I'm pretty much the same but at least I can admit I'm an anti-social A-Hole :D