Off Topic Playground

Well, it was better than KArns!

Ah I see, Good storylines.... Weel the first one is, can't remember if I've read the second lol!

Yep, all good, just finished Seed of destruction. Very similar to the first Hellboy film, but with some slight differences

That sucks Lobo...

I really should clear coat my stuff... but I don't like the shiny...

I'm not a fan of shiny models either

And I don't really WANT to strip Levi and re-paint him, as I've got about a bazillion other things to paint. But the hazy/speckled look of improperly applied clear coat really irks me, especially on my Master. If it was just one of the SPAs or something, I probably wouldn't care.

*rolls over and looks down*

I've not even begun to pun, I am just acting on a request not to ;)

@Clear Coat: I've never had much luck with any clear coat... so I've never done any of my figs in them for a while. They always seem to bubble or fog etc. Sucks cause you have to keep dealing with chips and scratches but it's better then turning a white model grey :/

What kind do you use Lobo?

That sucks Lobo...

I really should clear coat my stuff... but I don't like the shiny...

That's what Matte clear coat is for. Duh. :vb_tongue:

I agree though. I see some people come in who have put gloss clear coat on their models and it's just like...ugh! To each their own though.

@lobo I tend too use paint on matt varnish because of the once in a while haze .

Try hitting it with a coat if ard coat . That sometimes takes away the haze, if that does not work than its simple green I guess ...

@fell nice vacation time , I start my 5weeks on friday iam amped !

What kind do you use Lobo?

At the moment i've got a spray can of matte clear coat, not certain what brand it is, but probably Krylon. Next thing I buy will definitely be testors dull coat though.

And I typically seal them first with the spray, and then use a brush on as well. I find that if I use the brush on first, it either gets streaky, or makes my paints blur/run, regardless of how long they've dried. I've been told that the material difference between the acrylic paints and the spray paint creates like a boundary layer. Then the acrylic clear coat brush on, doesn't mix/blur/run with the sprayed on clear coat.