Off Topic Playground

For example, Americans picture all Germans as having crazy sex dungeons - I think David Hasselhoff is partly to blame. Best to just roll with it.

Yeah, that one is actually true. You have to be 18, though.

• Like 2

You certainly have a different kind of humour.

Hah, this is true. My parents told me a story of when they were younger. Dad (American) asked my mom (Finnish) why she didn't tell him she loved him more often. Her response: "I told you last week, don't you remember? If it changes I'll let you know." To this day I'm convinced she was only partially joking.

Interesting read. Now I know. 

Yeah. If you come here and expect to be courted because you're a manly Amercian, you're in for sore disapointment.

Since I don't think that's something you'd do, you'd be alright, I guess.

To put it in Malifaux terms. There will be some discarding and Furious Casting tonight.

604.gif

Well thanks for the vote of confidence. I know my people aren't the pride and joy of the tourism industry anymore, but I never expect better treatment because of it. It's more like I didn't want to get to Germany and look around like "wow... these people don't like me... was it something I did?"

It's less about being the pride and joy, more about being obnoxious. You have know that most Germans find everything obnoxious that is ineffective and a waste of time. Unfortunately, making polite small talk in the hopes of someone to like you is a pretty big waste of time.... 

Thinking that a man needs to be masculine and a woman wants to be conquered is also pretty obnoxious. Women tend to be quite good at the conquering part.

Took me 20 minutes to go across the street and get a coffee. Stupid, stupid presidential motorcade.

Tourists in DC: OMG, look, the president is driving past!

Locals: FML. 

I think that is everywhere with well-known people. Tourists and visitors will like it. Locals.... not so much.

I missed a court hearing a couple months ago because the president wanted to randomly stop and get a burger. On the flip side, everyone in this city knows it's a reality. When I told the judge why my client didn't have representation at his hearing and the event had to be rescheduled, he laughed and gave me a pass.