Off Topic Playground

Will be in England visiting my dad this summer. Depending on flights, may make a side trip to Finland.

Sorry, Z, wouldn't be spending much time in Helsinki. Have family out near Tampere and my parents have a cottage near Häijää.

Though maybe everyone could come there. Hmmm...

tumblr_lhvmihSHWQ1qcwfszo1_400.gif

Will be in England visiting my dad this summer. Depending on flights, may make a side trip to Finland.

Sorry, Z, wouldn't be spending much time in Helsinki. Have family out near Tampere and my parents have a cottage near Häijää.

Yeah I love Tampere. Let me know when you are over there and I'll come and visit ya. We can try to settle a game of Malifaux there as well as a few beers. 

• Like 1

So, I read the article about Germany.

And it's mostly accurate. Describing self-respecting women as radical feminist and our conservative "we'll do nothing and all will be well" government as far left is a tiny bit offensive, though.

I figure those articles are based on stereotypes. Almost certainly some will be unfair. For example, Americans picture all Germans as having crazy sex dungeons - I think David Hasselhoff is partly to blame. Best to just roll with it.

For example, a stereotype of Finns is that we're a fun-hating humorless group of crouches. Hopefully Z and I to some extent have disproven that.