Off Topic Playground

I feel I didn't understand half of what you said.

Morning, guys! Feeling better, y'all?

No one ever does, but I'll try anyway:

Geek Chic does expensive gaming tables. Very expensive. Like this one: http://geekchichq.com/the-sultan-gaming-table.html. That said, I feel like I could afford to get the Minimalist with a bit of saving up...once I'm in a real house and not this money pit of a condo.

When I was a wee lad, I saw my first cocktail table video game cabinet, and I've wanted one ever since. Why have a normal coffee table when you can have one that has video games inside it?

Can't say I know anything about X-Com however I've heard nothing but bitching and moaning about the current Infinity rules. The models are really cool but from what I've heard the rules are pretty bullshit. I've never played it though so I can't say anything too specific and what I've heard is just hearsay and other people's opinions. Many of the guys at my local club bust out Infinity from time to time but it's far from a mainstay in my local area although I've heard from my LGS there is growing interest. 

My understanding is that it's less that the rules are bullshit and more that stuff will get cuddled if a few people scream about it. It is bad that they flat-out eliminated units because they were considered broken (all camo can be powerful if you're not ready for it) instead of fixing them.

It's worth a demo- some of the rules are quite cool. If nothing else, the concept of the ARO is something I'd like to see in more games.

Don't let the boring title fool you, I normally wear camouflage BDU pants and hoodies, nerd shirts, and have my own embroidered lab coat that reads "Walking Boss" in gothic blackletter on the right chest. Also, half my department is gamer nerds. We survive, somehow...

In my experience, this describes a lot of lab environments.

I just stroll into the Off Topic thread to see how everybody is this morning and now apparently I'm totally sober and having an affair with a Dutch poet?! 

Sounds like a typical morning, doesn't it?

Also, did you hear that my marriage is in shambles and might end soon? ZFiend was right after all.